Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Penn Medicine Advanced Home Health
1.0 FTE, shared oncall responsibility with medical team
Penn Medicine LG Health is seeking a full-time experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Penn Medicine Advanced Home Health (PMAHH) team. PMAHH is an innovative new program focused on managing acute issues in a home setting, in the context of the patient’s overall health and realistic chances for improvement. PMAHH will engage the patient/POA around their goals of care and establish a treatment plan based on these discussions. The focus is on short-term management of the acute issue and then discharge of the patient back to their PCP. The patients in this program will benefit through better disease understanding, clarity on treatment approach, empowerment of active participation in decisions, and comprehensive higher acuity care within their own home.
The ideal APP candidate would be detail oriented, possess excellent clinical assessment, decision making and communication skills, and would have the ability to formulate creative solutions to clinical challenges. This is a new and evolving program. The APP will join the physician and nursing team in the startup, development and growth of the program.
This role would require travel and use of own personal vehicle for patient home visits.
Hours: Full time position (40 hours/week) Monday-Friday, with after hour’s on-call coverage (for calls from Home Health nurses). On-call coverage to be shared by providers.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required
- Nurse Practitioner experience required (preferred experience in General Medicine, Primary Care, Geriatrics or Hospitalist role)
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA Driver’s license and auto insurance
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine.
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program.
- Physician Assistant experience required (preferred experience in General Medicine, Primary Care, Geriatrics or Hospitalist role).
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA Driver’s license and auto insurance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 02/15/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.