Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Neurology
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61486 Neurology - SP
LGHP Neurology Providers
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Fulltime. Dayshift hours, 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday. No call. Occasional weekend and holiday as vacation coverage.
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health - Neurology is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our team. This APC would work primarily in the outpatient setting, but the position may include some inpatient work based on business needs. Neurology is a rapidly expanding practice serving residents in Lancaster County, PA. Lancaster General Health is bringing together a multidisciplinary roster of programs, jointly located at a single, convenient facility, providing neurology services benefiting patients throughout Central Pennsylvania. In partnership with Penn Medicine, the Neuroscience Institute facilitates access to care, provides ample space for new initiatives, and conducts leading-edge clinical investigations. We take our commitment to community health seriously and believe in delivering comprehensive care in a team based approach.
Services provided at the Institute include neurology, imaging, electro-diagnostics, neuropsychology, Alzheimer’s and memory care, physical medicine and rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Other programs will treat balance disorders and dizziness and offer therapies for brain and spinal cord injuries. The Institute also offers a Headache Clinic, which addresses a regional gap in care for patients with chronic headaches.
For more information about the LG Health Physicians Neurology group, click here
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive medical care to individuals and families. The PA or NP shall know his/her scope of practice or limitations permitted by state licensure and refer to the collaborating physician when appropriate and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues within the limits of training and with appropriate review of the preceptor.
- Educate patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Augment the physician’s data-gathering abilities and assist the collaborating physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients. This includes such activities as ordering and interpreting laboratory or radiological studies, analyzing all patient data and developing a treatment plan for the patient.
- Initiate treatment or be sure that a treatment plan is being carried out, assess the progress of treatment, and, later, the plan as necessary.
- Perform approved clinical procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
- Order, prescribe, dispense and administer drugs, medical devices, diagnostic or therapeutic medical regimens as outlined by the PA Board of Medicine or the State Board of Nursing and the Collaborative Agreement.
- Maintain legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Document all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards.
- Perform administrative duties as defined by practice location, policies and procedures.
- Computer skills-utilization of EPIC/EPICARE, email, intranet, etc.
- Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Valid, unrestricted federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Credentialed by, and a member in good standing of, the LGH Medical and Dental Staff with appropriate unrestricted clinical privileges.
- Satisfaction of relevant continuing education requirements.
- Participation as a provider in good standing in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs and such other third-party payment programs, including managed care programs, in which LGMG participates.
- Prior experience as Physician Assistant in a primary care office preferred.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- Related clinical training.
- Prior experience as Nurse Practitioner in a primary care office is preferred.
For further information, please contact Sharon Graver, Recruiter at 717-544-4104 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or view our website for information on our community and our health system.
Posted on 10/30/2019