Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Care Connections
The Lancaster General Health Physicians Academic region is seeking a full-time APP to join the Care Connections program. Care Connections is a small, full-service primary care clinic, with capacity to serve around 120 patients, located in downtown Lancaster. The APP will care for patients with complex medical problems and significant health-related social needs. This person will be expected to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, along with other providers, RN Case Managers, Social Workers, Patient Navigators, a Pharmacist, and a full complement of primary care clinic staff. This team is highly collaborative, and focused on innovative care and wellness for our patients, helping to overcome the barriers in healthcare and the community that our patients face.
The Care Connections APP will be responsible for all aspects of primary care in the clinic setting, as well as hospital rounding duties as a Consultant when patients are hospitalized. Home visits may be an important part of the patient’s care, and also performed by the APP when appropriate. Care Connections providers are highly engaged in care coordination to bridge the gaps between primary care and specialty care services.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide primary care to an adult population, ages 18+ through end of life
- Provide ambulatory, home, inpatient and consultative home care to patients in the Care Connections program
- Attend to patients enrolled in the program in the hospital in a consultative fashion
- Take night call in rotation with other medical staff to provide 24/7 coverage for patients via phone.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Providing primary care for patients with complex needs or multi-morbidity
- Trauma informed approach to care
- Medication assisted therapy for opiate use disorder
- Wound and foot care
- Outpatient or inpatient psychiatric care
- Understanding of health-related social needs (HSRNs)
- Believes in a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to care
Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday, hours primarily between 7:00am – 5:00pm. On-call rotation.
Job Requirements (preferred)
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required
- Minimum one-year experience as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Minimum one-year experience as a Physician Assistant is preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/12/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.