Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61210 Abbeyville Family Medicine
Abbeyville Family Medicine Providers
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: To provide any medical service when the service is within the CRNP/PA skills, training and experience and with the collaboration of a physician. The medical services must fall within the CRNP’s/PA’s scope of practice, must be included in the written agreement, and must be provided with an appropriate amount of physician collaboration in keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice. Medical services offered may be limited by practice location, such as retail care clinics. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive medical care to individuals and families. The CRNP shall know his/her limitations and refer to the collaborating physician when appropriate and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Augment the physician’s data-gathering abilities and assist the collaborating physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients. This includes such activities as ordering and interpreting laboratory or radiological studies, analyzing all patient data and developing a treatment plan for the patient.
- Initiate treatment or be sure that a treatment plan is being carried out, assess the progress of treatment, and, later, the plan as necessary.
- Perform clinical procedures such as venous puncture/phlebotomy, electrocardiogram, care and suturing of lacerations, casting and splinting, pulmonary function screening tests, allergy tests, immunizations, application of dressings and bandages, removal of dermatologic abnormalities, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, audiometric screening, visual screening, carrying out aseptic and isolation techniques, ear lavage, etc.
- Order, prescribe, dispense and administer drugs, medical devices, diagnostic or therapeutic medical regimens as outlined by the state Board of Nursing and the Collaborative Agreement.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards.
- Perform administrative duties as defined by practice location, policies and procedures.
- Computer skills-utilization of EPIC/EPICARE, email, intranet, etc.
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Inc.
- Graduate of Accredited Physician Assistant training program which is approved by the State Board of Medicine.
- Valid Pennsylvania R.N. and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner licenses and prescriptive privileges are required.
- National certification by a national credentialing board required and shall remain current during employment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PREFERRED JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one year experience as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in a primary care office.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional /Certification.
Posted on 11/18/2019