Nurse Practitioner - Evenings preferred
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61230 Roseville Pediatric Specialists
Roseville Pediatrics- Providers
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide any medical service when the service is within the CRNP skills, training and experience and with the collaboration of a physician. The medical services must fall within the CRNP’s scope of practice, must be included in the written agreement, and must be provided with an appropriate amount of physician collaboration in keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice. Medical services offered may be limited by practice location, such as retail care clinics. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive medical care to individuals and families. The CRNP shall know his/her limitations and refer to the collaborating physician when appropriate and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Augment the physician’s data-gathering abilities and assist the collaborating physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients. This includes such activities as ordering and interpreting laboratory or radiological studies, analyzing all patient data and developing a treatment plan for the patient.
- Initiate treatment or be sure that a treatment plan is being carried out, assess the progress of treatment, and, later, the plan as necessary.
- Perform clinical procedures such as venous puncture/phlebotomy, electrocardiogram, care and suturing of lacerations, casting and splinting, pulmonary function screening tests, allergy tests, immunizations, application of dressings and bandages, removal of dermatologic abnormalities, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, audiometric screening, visual screening, carrying out aseptic and isolation techniques, ear lavage, etc.
- Order, prescribe, dispense and administer drugs, medical devices, diagnostic or therapeutic medical regimens as outlined by the state Board of Nursing and the Collaborative Agreement.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards.
- Perform administrative duties as defined by practice location, policies and procedures.
- Computer skills-utilization of EPIC/EPICARE, email, intranet, etc.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Perform the above duties during rotation through home site practice location.
- Perform Clinical Assistant functions as a backup when needed at appropriate site, such as retail care clinics.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Pennsylvania Registered Nurse licensure
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Related clinical training.
Posted on 02/19/2019
- Prior experience as Nurse Practitioner in a primary care office.