Nurse Practitioner - Behavioral Health (Outpatient)
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians – Behavioral Health is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to join our growing outpatient Behavioral Health practice.
This full time position provides diagnostic evaluation and medication management follow up visits for patient with psychiatric illness. The aim is to provide time limited interventions to optimize the psychiatric medication plan, reduce symptoms with the goal of transition of care to return the patient to primary care for long term management of chronic conditions.
After 90-120 days, this role could be eligible for 4 10 hour days and could be eligible for one day work from home telehealth; this is not guaranteed and could be subject to change based on business needs and potential changes to telehealth reimbursement. This position would be at our LGHP BH practice 802 New Holland Avenue, reporting to managing physician Dr. Bakken. Current practice hours are M-F 8 am - 5pm and this would be the expected schedule during onboarding and for the first 90-120 days. The PMHNP would participate in the STARR mentorship program, which provides two hours of weekly mentorship with a psychiatrist and would also participate in a weekly APP clinical collaboration meeting, both of which support professional practice and growth.
This position may require some travel to satellite offices.
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, daytime hours.
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- 2 years previous experience in a Nurse Practitioner role preferred; will consider new graduates.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/24/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.