Nurse Practitioner - Behavioral Health
Lancaster General Medical Grp
Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: 7 days on/7 days off model; 10 hour shifts
SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the area of Psychiatry, performing acts of medical diagnosis and prescription of medical therapeutics or corrective measures, in collaboration with a physician.
- Obtains comprehensive health history: perform physical examination on new admissions and document/dictate in patient record.
- Perform and/or participate in rounds of hospitalized patients, including physical assessment, interpretation of diagnostic studies, interaction with nursing staff and documentation in medical record.
- Orders (verbal or written) common diagnostic studies, laboratory studies and pharmacologic treatment modalities according to written protocol in collaboration with the physician.
- Orders (verbal or written) pharmacologics if he/she has obtained prescriptive privileges as documented by a current collaborative practice agreement with a physician member of the LGH Medical and Dental Staff and a current letter of approval of prescriptive authority from the PA State Board of Nursing. The CRNP can only write for those pharmacologics identified on the collaborative agreement.
- In collaboration with the attending physician, assists in establishing diagnosis, formulating plan of care, evaluation of patient response, and revising plan of care.
- Consults other physicians and members of the healthcare team and agencies in collaboration with the physician.
- Dictates a consultation report only after the case has been presented to the physician and the collaborating physician has reviewed the chart and evaluated the patient. All dictated consults must state specifically that the physician saw and evaluated the patient and discussed the plan of care.
- Facilitates the discharge process and dictate discharge summary.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic functions within the scope of RN and CRNP practice as designated by clinical privileges and obtain informed consent as appropriate. A procedure note must be dictated for all clinical procedures for which the CRNP has privileges that require competency validation.
- Discusses medical plan with patient/family. Serve as a liaison between physicians and patient/family as needed to enhance communication and understanding.
- Provides support and clinical expertise to nursing personnel regarding complex patient care issues.
- Participates in collaborative appraisal of his/her own practice with CRNP peers including mandatory compliance with peer review requirements.
Penn Medicine LGHP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Fully-integrated Stage 7 (HIMSS) Electronic Medical Record
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- CME Expense coverage
- CME Paid Days Off
- Prescription plan that offers significant discounts
- Optional dental and vision plans
- Free Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Income Accounts including 403(b)
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania is required.
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry is required.
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- 2 years previous experience in a Nurse Practitioner role is preferred.
For more information, please contact Sharon Graver, APP Recruiter, at (717) 544-4104 or Sharon.Graver@pennmedicine.upenn.edu or view our website LG Health Jobs for information on our community and our health system.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Posted on 07/23/2019