Nurse Navigator - Corporate Wellness
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
0.5 FTE - Traveling required. Hours will typically be 2-3 days/week, between early morning hours and lunch hours (start of worksite shits & lunch breaks). 0.5 FTE will be about 50% onsite providing clinical & wellness support, 30% traveling to/from and between worksites & 20% admin work (communicating to site managers, setting schedules, responding to individual employee needs, working with the corporate wellness team). Most locations are in and around Chester County and south central/east PA.
HOURS: 0.5 FTE 20 hours/week- Hours will typically be 2-3 days/week, between early morning hours and lunch hours (start of worksite shits & lunch breaks).
POSITION SUMMARY: A traveling nurse, serving as an onsite clinical resource at multiple worksites located throughout South Central and Eastern PA. The Nurse Navigator provides both onsite and offsite services for hard-to-reach employee populations under the coordination of the LG Health Wellness Account Manager and Employer partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Connect with employees in a variety of job types and industries including construction, manufacturing, and other labor-intensive jobs, working closely with them to support lifestyle and clinical needs and guide them towards better health.
- Onsite interactions include clinical coaching and recommendations, individual review of screening results, acute illness and injury triage consultations, support in managing conditions and answering medical questions and facilitating direct connections to the “right care at the right time”. Direct connections may include preventive care services, specialty needs, triaging care for acute illness/injuries, disease management support, medical/pharmacy health plan questions and other identified clinical needs
- Provide individual sessions for employees with chronic conditions and care gaps, intentional group education based on identified needs of the population, and free time allotted for building trust, onsite screening checks (blood pressure and glucose) and documentation.
- Collaborate with employer leaders to create and communicate an onsite schedule, traveling between the various work sites and locations. Role is expected to be 50% onsite, 30% travel and 20% administrative work.
- Team up with the LGHealth Well-being Coordinator to evaluate and respond to client well-being needs, and jointly provide quarterly reports to the employer.
- Utilize onsite access to the electronic health record (EPIC) to view individual medical records, connect directly with providers, access an integrated triage tool, make referrals/schedule as needed, add encounters and documentation notes.
- Conduct health screenings, including biometric measurements, finger stick, and venipuncture blood draws and educate clients on screening results.
- Identify client learning needs and implement culturally competent teaching strategies including plain language, motivational interviewing, and teach back.
- Prepare and administer injections in a safe manner according to current practice standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Experience in Home Health or Emergency Medicine.
- Valid driver’s license as regional travel is required.
- Prior experience in Health Coaching, Motivational Interviewing
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN).
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/14/2022