Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery
Lancaster General Hospital
7630 WBH-Labor & Delivery
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Position is located at Women & Babies Hospital, Lancaster, PA
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine LG Health is seeking a Labor & Delivery Nurse Manager at our Women & Babies Hospital (WBH). Women & Babies Hospital is a 95-bed specialty hospital and adjoining outpatient center focused on the health care needs of women at every stage of life and their newborn babies. WBH provides comprehensive maternity services, women's surgical care, specialty services, and a wide variety of educational programs. Our maternity services include a labor and delivery unit focused on allowing women to personalize their birth plan, couplet care, and a 29-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Nearly 4,000 babies are born each year at WBH. The Nurse Manager has 24/7 accountability of the nursing unit.
LG Health offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Fully-integrated Stage 7 (HIMSS) Electronic Medical Record
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Prescription plan that offers significant discounts
- Optional dental and vision plans
- Free Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Income Accounts including 403(b)
Lancaster General Health combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals, and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provide opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a drive away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, shopping and dining, and local sports teams makes Lancaster a great place to Live, Work, and Play.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- Applicable certifications may be required for certain roles.
- One (1) year of experience serving in a leadership role. (examples include but not limited to Clinical Ladder participation, committee chair or participation in Nurse Manager Residency Program).
- Five (5) years of clinical experience .
Posted on 06/10/2020
- Five (5) years as staff nurse in a related field (Labor & Delivery)
- Five (5) years of previous management experience or participation in management courses.
- For internal candidates, if eligible, Clinical Ladder.