Nurse Manager - 7 Lime Neuroscience
Lancaster General Hospital
3524 7L Neuroscience
Nursing Administration - Medical
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); Day Shift; 24/7 Accountability for the unit.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages and is accountable for the care delivered in a patient care department or area consistent with the mission and vision of the organization. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: newborn (birth to 28 days), infant (29 days through 11 months), toddler (12 months to 2 years), pre-school (3 years to 5 years), school age (6 years to 12 years), adolescent (13 years to 17 years), adult (18 years to 64 years and older adults (65 years and older).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement departmental objectives based on organizational goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate staffing and scheduling assignments. In order to drive departmental performance, assignments will reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering scope of practice, competencies, patient needs and complexity of care.
- Accept departmental accountability for current and new practices, clinical programs and systems necessary to support changing patient care needs.
- Accept organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Develop, implement, monitor and be accountable for the budget for the defined area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluate job performance of unit personnel by completing staff performance appraisals and competency assessments and by monitoring performance on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate nursing care with other healthcare disciplines to maximize patient care outcomes and resource allocation.
- Evaluate patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction. Implement actions to establish improvements.
- Ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for assigned personnel.
- Using input from staff, oversee recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel that are representative of the population diversity. Utilize various motivational strategies to increase staff morale and also provide counseling for employees as appropriate.
- Monitor the quality of patient care and safety, maintaining designated standards according to organization’s process improvement plan.
- Ensure evidence-based practice by participating in and involving the nursing staff in evaluative research activities.
- Ensure shared accountability for professional practice by fostering and developing a shared governance model in the department.
- Advocate for a work environment that minimizes work-related illness and injury.
- Serve as a clinical resource person by providing clinical guidance and by assisting nursing personnel in assessing patient/family status to plan of nursing care.
- Assist in department as needed and maintain specific identified Nurse Manager clinical competencies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- Applicable certifications may be required for certain roles.
- One (1) year of experience serving in a leadership role. (examples include but not limited to Clinical Ladder participation, committee chair or participation in Nurse Manager Residency Program).
- Five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Five (5) years as staff nurse in a related field.
- Five (5) years of previous management experience or participation in management courses.
- For internal candidates, if eligible, Clinical Ladder.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 07/12/2019