Nurse Manager - 4 Lime Orthopedics Joint Replacement Unit
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Combination of days, evenings, night shifts. Occasional weekends and holidays.
HOURS: Full Time; combination of days, evenings, night shifts. Occasional weekends and holidays.
4 Lime is a 42-bed orthopedic unit caring for patients needing orthopedic surgery including repair of hip fractures, total hip replacements, knee replacements and other orthopedic repairs. High volume surgical unit with 10-15 plus surgeries per day. 4 Lime is ranked #40 in the entire United States for Orthopedic Surgery per U.S. News and World Report.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages and is accountable for the care delivered in a patient care department or area consistent with the mission and vision of the organization. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: newborn (birth to 28 days), infant (29 days through 11 months), toddler (12 months to 2 years), pre-school (3 years to 5 years), school age (6 years to 12 years), adolescent (13 years to 17 years), adult (18 years to 64 years and older adults (65 years and older).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement departmental objectives based on organizational goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate staffing and scheduling assignments. In order to drive departmental performance, assignments will reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering scope of practice, competencies, patient needs and complexity of care.
- Accept departmental accountability for current and new practices, clinical programs and systems necessary to support changing patient care needs.
- Accept organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Develop, implement, monitor and be accountable for the budget for the defined area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluate job performance of unit personnel by completing staff performance appraisals and competency assessments and by monitoring performance on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate nursing care with other healthcare disciplines to maximize patient care outcomes and resource allocation.
- Evaluate patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction. Implement actions to establish improvements.
- Ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for assigned personnel.
- Using input from staff, oversee recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel that are representative of the population diversity. Utilize various motivational strategies to increase staff morale and also provide counseling for employees as appropriate.
- Monitor the quality of patient care and safety, maintaining designated standards according to organization’s process improvement plan.
- Ensure evidence-based practice by participating in and involving the nursing staff in evaluative research activities.
- Ensure shared accountability for professional practice by fostering and developing a shared governance model in the department.
- Advocate for a work environment that minimizes work-related illness and injury.
- Serve as a clinical resource person by providing clinical guidance and by assisting nursing personnel in assessing patient/family status to plan of nursing care.
- Assist in department as needed and maintain specific identified Nurse Manager clinical competencies.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Monitor utilization of supplies and equipment based on established standards.
- Participate and/or lead unit, department and interdepartmental committees.
- Collaborate with educational personnel to plan and implement orientation and ongoing educational programs.
- Participate in developing departmental and hospital policy and procedure and in the development of patient care standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Participates in and actively supports research activities of the organization.
- Depending on location, may need to occasionally serve as administrator on call or as supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- Applicable certifications may be required for certain roles.
- One (1) year of experience serving in a leadership role. (examples include but not limited to Clinical Ladder participation, committee chair or participation in Nurse Manager Residency Program).
- Five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Five (5) years as staff nurse in a related field.
- Five (5) years of previous management experience or participation in management courses.
- For internal candidates, if eligible, Clinical Ladder.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/24/2021