Nurse Family Partnership Registered Nurse
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Primarily day shift hours with occasional evenings and weekends as needed for client schedule/engagement. No holidays or on call requirements.
The Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) RN (Nurse Home Visitor) is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing home visitation services to women and their families eligible for the NFP program. Assesses, plans and implements all aspects of the NFP program to promote and facilitate healthy prenatal and postpartum care and healthy and safe parenting of infants and toddlers. This includes care to clients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Basic Job Functions
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP program.
- Adheres to nursing process and the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Supports policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and the lead agency.
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support client referrals.
- Completes all required NFP education
- Attends and participates in Dyadic Assessment of Naturalistic Child-Caregiver Experience (DANCE) training.
- Develops therapeutic relationships, utilizes concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Performs home visiting in accordance with the NFP Model Elements and NFP Visit-to Visit guidelines.
- Follows nursing process in implementing NFP into nursing practice.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domain.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
- Formulates nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment and client goals.
- Evaluates client progress toward stated goals and NFP outcomes.
- Plans home visits in accordance with client goals and NFP outcomes.
- Actively engages in professional development to meet all NFP Nurse Home competency requirements.
- Meets with NFP Nurse Supervisor weekly for clinical supervision.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Schedules joint home visits with NFP Nurse Supervisor every four months.
- Attends and participates in monthly case conferences.
- Attends weekly team meetings.
- Provides information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP performance management systems.
- Participates in review and analysis of reports for achievements and areas for improvement.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Documents appropriately
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Completes or supervises the completion of all paperwork associated with the NFP program to ensure proper reimbursement is received.
- Understands, supports and coaches others in the NFP vision, mission and model.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model in actions and verbally to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Assists in creating a positive work environment that promotes productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Recognizes accomplishments of team members.
- Maintains clear, effective, open, honest communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Seeks and responds appropriately to feedback.
- Accurately assesses own learning needs and develops strategies to meet them.
- Motivated to use computer for distance learning.
- Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services.
- Establishes and records progress toward annual goals.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- As requested/required, participates in community coalition in support of NFP.
- As requested/required, promotes public awareness of NFP.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Nursing Science (MSN).
- Sound experience with or knowledge of public health systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid PA driver’s license and insured automobile
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
- Able to travel by air, to destinations within the United States, for all face-face education sessions.
- One (1) year of newborn nursery/OB and one (1) year of child development experience.
- One (1) year of home-visiting experience.
- Two (2) years recent experience as a Maternal/Child Health, Pediatric, Behavioral Health or Public Health RN and two (2) years of social services agency interaction.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1 #CB
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/14/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.