Nurse Family Partnership RN (Full Time/Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Position requires travel for home visits to clients who reside in the Lancaster County area.
HOURS: Fulltime, 80 hours/2 weeks, Monday through Friday. Primarily dayshift hours, but nurse must be available to do occasional late afternoon and/or evening visits. All visits are home visits and the nurse may arrange her schedule to meet her needs and her patient’s preference. Required staff meetings every Wednesday 9:00 – 10:30am
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is currently seeking a Nurse Family Partnership RN. The Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) RN (Nurse Home Visitor) is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing home visitation services to women and their families eligible for the NFP program. Assesses, plans and implements all aspects of the NFP program to promote and facilitate healthy prenatal and postpartum care and healthy and safe parenting of infants and toddlers.
Basic Job Functions
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP program.
- Adheres to nursing process and the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Supports policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and the lead agency.
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support client referrals.
- Completes all required NFP education
- Attends and participates in Dyadic Assessment of Naturalistic Child-Caregiver Experience (DANCE) training.
- Develops therapeutic relationships, utilizes concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Performs home visiting in accordance with the NFP Model Elements and NFP Visit-to Visit guidelines.
- Follows nursing process in implementing NFP into nursing practice.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domain.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
- Formulates nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment and client goals.
- Evaluates client progress toward stated goals and NFP outcomes.
- Plans home visits in accordance with client goals and NFP outcomes.
- Actively engages in professional development to meet all NFP Nurse Home competency requirements.
- Meets with NFP Nurse Supervisor weekly for clinical supervision.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Schedules joint home visits with NFP Nurse Supervisor every four months.
- Attends and participates in monthly case conferences.
- Attends weekly team meetings.
- Provides information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP performance management systems.
- Participates in review and analysis of reports for achievements and areas for improvement.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Documents appropriately
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Completes or supervises the completion of all paperwork associated with the NFP program to ensure proper reimbursement is received.
- Understands, supports and coaches others in the NFP vision, mission and model.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model in actions and verbally to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Assists in creating a positive work environment that promotes productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Recognizes accomplishments of team members.
- Maintains clear, effective, open, honest communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Seeks and responds appropriately to feedback.
- Accurately assesses own learning needs and develops strategies to meet them.
- Motivated to use computer for distance learning.
- Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services.
- Establishes and records progress toward annual goals.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Nursing Science (MSN) required
- Two (2) years recent experience as a Maternal/Child Health, Pediatric, Behavioral Health or Public Health RN.
- Sound experience with or knowledge of public health systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid PA driver’s license and insured automobile required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
- Able to travel by air, to destinations within the United States, for all face-face education sessions.
- One (1) year of newborn nursery/OB and one (1) year of child development experience preferred.
- One (1) year of home-visiting experience preferred.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking preferred
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/03/2021