Nuclear Medicine Technologist(PT/ Days)
Job Title: Nuclear Medicine Technologist (PT/days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Part-time, 0.6, 48 hr per two weeks working Monday through Friday varying shifts between 5:30 am-6:00pm with rotational on call eve/weekends/hol after orientation is complete.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides radiological care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic physiological disorders within the Nuclear Medicine section.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs all routine, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures involving Nuclear Medicine through proper patient positioning, technic selection, administration of radiopharmaceutical media, application and immobilization of radiation protection devices according to department policy and procedure. This includes providing Nuclear Medicine services on call as scheduled.
- Responsible for adhering to all radiation safety regulations as established by regulatory agencies.
- Prepares radiopharmaceuticals as per procedure.
- Greets patients and confirms their identification.
- Completely explains the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Performs preventive safety inspections for each room/equipment as assigned. Calibrates equipment per standards. Records quality control activities, reports equipment conditions to Quality Control/Materials Manager or appropriate personnel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Registered and certified as a technologist by the American Registry of Registered Technologists (ARRT) or the Nuclear Med Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
- CPR certification
- One (1) year of experience as a technologist.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/15/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.