Lancaster General Medical Grp
61238 NeuroScience and Spine Assoc.
NeuroScience & Spine Providers
SUMMARY: Provides high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Neurosurgery. Examines, make diagnoses, and operates on the central, peripheral, and autonomous nervous systems. Treats disorders and diseases of the brain, head, and spinal cord; as well as associated nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. Collegial, well-established group in the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Examines patient while ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition to determine diagnosis.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Provides consultation and comprehensive management of patient.
- Performs necessary surgical procedures in the treatment of neurological symptoms.
- Monitors patient’s condition and progress and reevaluates as necessary.
- Participates in the development and review of appropriate clinical protocols and processes that support appropriate referral and consistent care.
- Provides trauma call coverage with collaborative management alongside the trauma service including implementation of appropriate guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of traumatic neurosurgical patients.
- Represents the practice at committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Attends at least 50 percent (50%) of Trauma Mortality and Morbidity meetings.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- On-going MOC requirements.
COMMUNITY: Lancaster County is a growing and dynamic community. Lancaster offers the unique blend of access to major East Coast cities while providing a family friendly environment with excellent schools and easy access to the shore and mountain areas. There are five institutions of higher learning in the area to meet the needs of you and your family. The cities of Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York are just 1.5-3 hours away.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Board certified or board eligible candidate actively involved in the certification process in the field of neurological surgery able to demonstrate appropriate acquired body of knowledge to manage general as well as trauma specific neurological issues.
- Maintain certifications in BLS.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 02/18/2019