At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7271 Alzheimer & Memory
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Provides psychological evaluation and treatment services to inpatients and outpatients. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides neuropsychological services as assigned, encompassing evaluation of the patient’s presenting complaints and condition, past medical and psychiatric histories, social history current mental status.
- Uses objective measurements in the evaluation process. Provides neuropsychological testing/evaluations as assigned. Interprets results of neuropsychological and psychological testing. Prepares and distributes reports of assessments to the referral source and other designated providers upon completion of the assessment.
- Performs psychological evaluations as assigned, encompassing evaluation of the patient’s presenting complaints and condition, past medical and psychiatric histories, social history, coping skills, psychological adjustment and resiliency, and current mental status.
- Conceptualizes cases leading to appropriate diagnoses. Assesses potential barriers to treatment. Formulates treatment goals and plans.
- Implements empirically based treatment/intervention/adaptation strategies. Provides psychological therapies to outpatients as assigned. Provides patient progress reports to referral source and other care providers as indicated.
- Makes recommendations to referral sources and other health care providers pertinent to the diagnosis(es).
- Completes evaluations, consultations and interventions to medical/surgical/rehabilitation inpatients at Lancaster General Hospital and Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital as requested or assigned within 24 hours, documenting findings and recommendations in the medical record.
- Interprets and conceptualizes evaluation findings and reviews them with the patient, family, significant others and treatment team as indicated.
- Coordinates treatment plans with the patient, family, significant others, and treatment team through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
- Monitors and re-evaluates the patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment plan as necessary and with patient agreement.
- Maintains documentation in the patient’s record of evaluations and assessments, treatment plans and processes. Completes required forms and documents all patient contacts in the outpatient medical record in order to provide a continually up-to-date assessment of patient status.
- Complies with established organizational and professional standards, policies, procedures and ethical principles; including those pertaining to billing, reimbursement, scheduling and safety, emergency procedures.
- Maintains and monitors own work schedule and that of the service.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the services delivered for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined quality assurance criteria.
- Participates in all functions related to the doctoral internship program including candidate reviews, interviews and selection; supervision, mentoring and training; and evaluation under the leadership of the Director of Training.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and mandatory or voluntary in-service programs. Participates in departmental shared governance committees.
- Develops and provides in-service education or community outreach presentations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists the manager/director in the planning, development, and implementation of specialized services as requested/directed.
- Performs basic housekeeping, supply and maintenance functions to assist in operation of the service.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD or PsyD in Psychology from an accredited and American Psychological Association approved program in psychology.
- Current licensure in Psychology by the Commonwealth of PA.
- A minimum of 2 year post doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology, or
- Board eligible or certification in neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology or the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology.
- One (1) year of practicum experience.
- Successful completion of one (1) year pre-doctoral internship.
- 1-2 years of hospital-based experience.
- Successful completion of an American Psychological Association approved internship or equivalent in clinical psychology/neuropsychology
- Completion of doctoral degree in neuropsychology specialization or track
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
A large portion of this position requires reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
The position requires much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies,psychological and neuropsychological assessment instruments.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Epic EMR, Microsoft Office, EXText Word Client, NCS Microtest Q.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Push: Seldom
- Pull: Seldom
- Reach: Seldom
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/02/2021