The anticipated schedule would be Monday through Friday approximately ½ day of patient care and ½ day of EEG reading for inpatient and outpatient. Our growing neuro-ICU presence means that some portion of that time would include inpatient monitoring most days of the week. EEG call to be determined but can be shared with at least 2 other providers. General neurology phone call will be no more frequently than one week in 8.
The Neuroscience Institute at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking a Neurologist with a focus in Epilepsy. Join our growing group of well-trained, collegial board certified neurologists and skilled APP’s in caring for an interesting, diverse population in our busy hospital and clinic.
We pride ourselves on quality care to our patients, a strong focus towards continuous process improvement, and respect and a team based approach to support one another. Our membership and collaboration with Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit matrixed academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system to further our ability to provide high-level quality care close to home for the population of Lancaster County and its neighboring areas.
In order to maximize clinical care along with life-style – the anticipated schedule would be Monday through Friday approximately ½ day of patient care and ½ day of EEG reading for inpatient and outpatient. Our growing neuro-ICU presence means that some portion of that time would include inpatient monitoring most days of the week. EEG call to be determined but can be shared with at least 2 other providers. General neurology phone call will be no more frequently than one week in 8.
Over the coming years, we anticipate creation of an epilepsy monitoring unit, and this role therefore allows for leadership and professional development opportunities related to being a key component of this service line priority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In conjunction with the Chair of Neurology and managing clinician, helps to care for our Epilepsy population while growing programs and participating in outreach initiatives
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in academic relationships with the University of Pennsylvania in support of the teaching and research goals of the program.
- Interprets diagnostic EEGs in a timely manner.
- Participates in EEG call to be determined.
- Maintains CME requirements as described in The Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification criteria.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Nurse Specialist and/or Academic Departments, insures that an effective program of in-service education is implemented for clinical support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Medicine (Allopathic/Osteopathic)
- Completion of an accredited Neurology residency
- 1-2 year training in Neurophysiology or Epilepsy
- Intra-operative monitoring a plus
- Possess or able to obtain an unrestricted PA Medical License
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/09/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.