Lancaster General Medical Grp
61486 Neurology - SP
LGHP Neurology Providers
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Neurology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Neurology or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Neurology Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a Neurologist.
Posted on 10/23/2019
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.