At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Full time/varied shift/on call
POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with the Chair of Neurology and the LG Health Stroke Medical Director, implements the LG Hospital Neurology Stroke program vision and strategic plan to provide comprehensive and coordinated Neurology care (including stroke management) in the local community and surrounding area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In conjunction with the Chair of Neurology and the Stroke Medical Director, helps to identify and recommend process improvements for the inpatient neurology programs and Stroke consistent with Lancaster General Hospital goals. Provides patient care necessary to accomplish approved objectives and plans.
- In collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, participates in care management teams and is responsible for providing general neurological care, hospital ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke , including neuro-critical care for Lancaster General Hospital.
- Collaborates with key hospital departments and other organizational entities to ensure seamless and coordinated care for stroke/neurological patients; coordinates access to necessary linkages with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania programs as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Stroke Program Coordinator and Executive Director of Neurosciences for related quality and performance measures. This responsibility includes but not limited to:
- Participation in stroke rounds and peer review activities through Neurology Division meetings
- Active participation in Stroke Care Management
- Participates in outreach initiatives
- Willing to lead monthly Neurohospitalist Review in the absence of the Medical Director
- Stays abreast of the work required to support stroke related accreditations e.g. TJC Disease Specific Certification.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in academic relationships with the University of Pennsylvania in support of the teaching and research goals of the program.
- Interprets diagnostic EEGs in a timely manner.
- Participates in stroke research trials at Lancaster General Hospital.
- Collaborates with medical and surgical specialties as well as EMS services to support aligned and coordinated stroke care delivery in the community.
- Will participate in stroke call coverage to meet the patient care responsibilities of the Stroke Program. Participates as a member in the Lancaster General Hospital Stroke on-call roster. Provides direct care of stroke inpatients and emergent Neurological consultation requests while serving as an on-call panelist.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains CME requirements as described in The Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification criteria.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Nurse Specialist and/or Academic Departments, insures that an effective program of in-service education is implemented for clinical support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- M.D., or DO Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurologist
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- High level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel and physicians and the general public.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/17/2021