At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
9411 Transmission and Network
Information Technology Leadership
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of a team, directs and coordinates Lancaster General Health’s MAN/WAN/LAN and wireless network activities by providing a secure and stable environment for all of its users. Plans and evaluates complex existing network systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels. Provides highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering, and architecture; identifies and evaluates new products; and provides resolution for network problems. Anticipates and plans for current and future needs.
Assigned infrastructure: Lancaster General Health’s Wired and Wireless Network including Business-to-Business Connections (the Network). Assigned systems (applications): A variety of Network Management tools. Assigned services: Implementation, problem determination/resolution, planning, monitoring performance, training, evaluation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collects and analyzes network traffic for appropriate utilization, performance and potential security issues.
- Identifies problem root causes to eliminate future instances and develop new standards to improve operations.
- Designs, plans, coordinates, and tests installations, upgrades and changes to network hardware/ software.
- Maintains high performing internal, remote, and wireless network connections.
- Proactively monitors the performance and utilization of the Network making adjustments as necessary.
- Identifies and isolates system problems, working with vendors and/or users to correct errors and determine root cause to prevent future instances.
- Assists in the development of network standards, including customer support standards and operational readiness processes.
- Performs capacity planning and recommends additional or replacement hardware/software.
- Researches and recommends new technology to meet future organization requirements.
- Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Plans and participates in enterprise-level projects centered on network requirements.
- Documents all network related information accurately and in a timely manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Creates appropriate literacy to help others work productively.
- In collaboration with management, coaches and mentors Level I and Level II staff.
- Maintains expertise in the latest networking technologies and develops standardized solutions and best practices for network design and configurations.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or comparable work experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience designing large scale LAN/WAN/Wireless Networks.
- 7 or more years’ experience working in an enterprise scaled environment with Network Security; Quality of Service (DSCP); Remote/Local Access Methodologies; Wireless Networking; Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP); VoIP; WAN optimization tools; HA technologies (HSRP,VRRP)
- Expert level knowledge of switching, including but not limited to: CGMP, IGMP, 802.xx, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Extensive experience with optical transport design and architecture including but not limited to DWDM, SONET w/APS (OC3-OC192).
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems and protocols including firewalls, Radius and TACACS+, IPSEC and IKE, SSH, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in wide range of technologies including routing and switching design and architecture.
- Extensive knowledge and experience implementing, maintaining, securing and troubleshooting 802.11 wireless networks.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Data Center and high availability environments (HSRP, VRRP) and must have experience working in a multi-vendor network.
- Solid knowledge of IPv4 routing protocols (RIPv2, OSPF, BGP), along with their control plane dynamics, QoS and rate limiting, IP addressing and subnetting, Ethernet standards and 10GigE Ethernet technology.
- Solid technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSLVPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, etc.).
- Solid experience with voice/video/data convergence technology.
- Knowledge in ancillary technologies used to support enterprise network monitoring and management such as fault/performance management and metric gathering tools/technology (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
- Professional certifications in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Security +, CISSP or CWNA.
- Experience with Cisco/HP/Aruba Network Hardware.
- Formal Project Management Training.
- Experience with Cisco ACE, ASA, ACS, Cisco unified wireless network (CUWN) and VMware vSwitch experience desired.
- Cisco Load Balancer and Unix/Windows operating systems administration.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Access Points, Cables, Universal Power Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Network Management, Monitoring and Security Software
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/01/2021