POSITION SUMMARY: As part of a team, directs and coordinates Lancaster General Health’s MAN/WAN/LAN and wireless network activities by providing a secure and stable environment for all of its users. Plans and evaluates complex existing network systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels. Provides highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering, and architecture; identifies and evaluates new products; and provides resolution for network problems. Anticipates and plans for current and future needs.
Assigned infrastructure: Lancaster General Health’s Wired and Wireless Network including Business-to-Business Connections (the Network). Assigned systems (applications): A variety of Network Management tools. Assigned services: Implementation, problem determination/resolution, planning, monitoring performance, training, evaluation.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift; with some night and weekend time as well as some on-call time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collects and analyzes network traffic for appropriate utilization, performance and potential security issues.
- Identifies problem root causes to eliminate future instances and develop new standards to improve operations.
- Designs, plans, coordinates, and tests installations, upgrades and changes to network hardware/ software.
- Maintains high performing internal, remote, and wireless network connections.
- Proactively monitors the performance and utilization of the Network making adjustments as necessary.
- Identifies and isolates system problems, working with vendors and/or users to correct errors and determine root cause to prevent future instances.
- Assists in the development of network standards, including customer support standards and operational readiness processes.
- Performs capacity planning and recommends additional or replacement hardware/software.
- Researches and recommends new technology to meet future organization requirements.
- Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Plans and participates in enterprise-level projects centered on network requirements.
- Documents all network related information accurately and in a timely manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Creates appropriate literacy to help others work productively.
- In collaboration with management, coaches and mentors Level I and Level II staff.
- Maintains expertise in the latest networking technologies and develops standardized solutions and best practices for network design and configurations.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or comparable work experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience designing large scale LAN/WAN/Wireless Networks.
- 7 or more years’ experience working in an enterprise scaled environment with Network Security; Quality of Service (DSCP); Remote/Local Access Methodologies; Wireless Networking; Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP); VoIP; WAN optimization tools; HA technologies (HSRP,VRRP)
- Expert level knowledge of switching, including but not limited to: CGMP, IGMP, 802.xx, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Extensive experience with optical transport design and architecture including but not limited to DWDM, SONET w/APS (OC3-OC192).
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems and protocols including firewalls, Radius and TACACS+, IPSEC and IKE, SSH, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in wide range of technologies including routing and switching design and architecture.
- Extensive knowledge and experience implementing, maintaining, securing and troubleshooting 802.11 wireless networks.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Data Center and high availability environments (HSRP, VRRP) and must have experience working in a multi-vendor network.
- Solid knowledge of IPv4 routing protocols (RIPv2, OSPF, BGP), along with their control plane dynamics, QoS and rate limiting, IP addressing and subnetting, Ethernet standards and 10GigE Ethernet technology.
- Solid technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSLVPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, etc.).
- Solid experience with voice/video/data convergence technology.
- Knowledge in ancillary technologies used to support enterprise network monitoring and management such as fault/performance management and metric gathering tools/technology (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
- Professional certifications in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Security +, CISSP or CWNA.
- Experience with Cisco/HP/Aruba Network Hardware.
- Formal Project Management Training.
- Experience with Cisco ACE, ASA, ACS, Cisco unified wireless network (CUWN) and VMware vSwitch experience desired.
- Cisco Load Balancer and Unix/Windows operating systems administration.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.