Network Telecommunications & Data Center Services
Location: This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of a team, directs and coordinates Lancaster General Health’s MAN/WAN/LAN and wireless network activities by providing a secure and stable environment for all of its users. Plans and evaluates complex existing network systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels. Provides highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering, and architecture; identifies and evaluates new products; and provides resolution for network problems. Anticipates and plans for current and future needs.
Assigned infrastructure: Lancaster General Health’s Wired and Wireless Network including Business-to-Business Connections (the Network). Assigned systems (applications): A variety of Network Management tools. Assigned services: Implementation, problem determination/resolution, planning, monitoring performance, training, evaluation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collects and analyzes network traffic for appropriate utilization, performance and potential security issues.
- Identifies problem root causes to eliminate future instances and develop new standards to improve operations.
- Designs, plans, coordinates, and tests installations, upgrades and changes to network hardware/ software.
- Maintains high performing internal, remote, and wireless network connections.
- Proactively monitors the performance and utilization of the Network making adjustments as necessary.
- Identifies and isolates system problems, working with vendors and/or users to correct errors and determine root cause to prevent future instances.
- Assists in the development of network standards, including customer support standards and operational readiness processes.
- Performs capacity planning and recommends additional or replacement hardware/software.
- Researches and recommends new technology to meet future organization requirements.
- Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Plans and participates in enterprise-level projects centered on network requirements.
- Documents all network related information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Creates appropriate literacy to help others work productively.
- In collaboration with management, coaches and mentors Level I and Level II staff.
- Maintains expertise in the latest networking technologies and develops standardized solutions and best practices for network design and configurations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or comparable work experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience designing large scale LAN/WAN/Wireless Networks.
- 7 or more years’ experience working in an enterprise scaled environment with Network Security; Quality of Service (DSCP); Remote/Local Access Methodologies; Wireless Networking; Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP); VoIP; WAN optimization tools; HA technologies (HSRP,VRRP)
- Expert level knowledge of switching, including but not limited to: CGMP, IGMP, 802.xx, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Extensive experience with optical transport design and architecture including but not limited to DWDM, SONET w/APS (OC3-OC192).
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems and protocols including firewalls, Radius and TACACS+, IPSEC and IKE, SSH, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in wide range of technologies including routing and switching design and architecture.
- Extensive knowledge and experience implementing, maintaining, securing and troubleshooting 802.11 wireless networks.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Data Center and high availability environments (HSRP, VRRP) and must have experience working in a multi-vendor network.
- Solid knowledge of IPv4 routing protocols (RIPv2, OSPF, BGP), along with their control plane dynamics, QoS and rate limiting, IP addressing and subnetting, Ethernet standards and 10GigE Ethernet technology.
- Solid technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSLVPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, etc.).
- Solid experience with voice/video/data convergence technology.
- Knowledge in ancillary technologies used to support enterprise network monitoring and management such as fault/performance management and metric gathering tools/technology (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
Posted on 03/18/2020
- Professional certifications in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Security +, CISSP or CWNA.
- Experience with Cisco/HP/Aruba Network Hardware.
- Formal Project Management Training.
- Experience with Cisco ACE, ASA, ACS, Cisco unified wireless network (CUWN) and VMware vSwitch experience desired.
- Cisco Load Balancer and Unix/Windows operating systems administration.