POSITION SUMMARY: The Network Analyst is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the organization's computer networks. Organize, install, and support the organization's local and wide area networks (LANs/WANs). Provide first level network support to the help desk, desktop support and all other positions in the IS department.
As required, will be responsible for:
- Providing first level support to network support calls, help desk tickets, and incident requests.
- Physical installation, maintenance and monitoring of networking hardware and software.
- Provides system performance reports as requested by Network Engineer or management.
Performs assignments under general supervision. Demonstrates sound understanding of network systems and networking operations as they relate to organizational activities. Possesses and applies to the completion of moderate to complex assignments a broad knowledge of applicable systems principles, practices and procedures. Has some latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift, on call every 4th week.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 90%. Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
Provide support to Network Engineer(s) for overall system maintenance functions. Responsibilities may include:
- Works network support ticket queue including opening, prioritizing, troubleshooting, following-up, notifying, escalating, communicating, and documenting tickets.
- Assists with the installation and upgrade of organization’s networking equipment as directed by network engineer.
- Assists with evaluation and testing of upgrades, changes and patch management to network hardware.
- Troubleshooting – identify, test, and use hardware and software for preventative maintenance and fault isolation with vendors/user as directed.
- Assists in documentation of network configurations and networking procedures.
- Assists with the development of standards for networking infrastructure use, support, operations and security.
- Coordinate with support organizations for unidentifiable problem resolution. Provide information on request and potential schedule for system downtime as necessary.
- Remains knowledgeable of all appropriate hardware and support software used on the network. Assists in the evaluation of new products and vendor upgrades/modifications, recommending utilization or changes where appropriate.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the team’s operations, objectives, and responsibilities in order to understand and analyze systems requirements.
- Maintains technical expertise by keeping abreast of the latest technology and offerings related to the systems involved.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists with knowledge transfer to IS employees on networking technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years experience in a network support role is preferred
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Basic knowledge/understanding of firewall security
- Previous experience of working in an SLA-driven operation environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of core TCP/IP networking skills, routing and switching
- Good understanding of IP and/or Optical networks to include IPv4, IPv6, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, VLANS, Ethernet, DWDM, SDH, Dark Fiber, DNS, SNMP, and IPSec
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven experience in a networking support role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Proven knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure
- Efficient at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking in a sometimes pressured and stressful environment
- Logical troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Experience in the use of diagnostic and traffic analysis tools (e.g.: Wireshark, NetBrain, Solarwinds)
- Ability to work unsupervised on small to medium tasks
- Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people
- Must be a positive team player willing to contribute
- Ability to work outside normal business day hours and/or on-call rotations
- Relevant job experience is described as technical support role (e.g.: NOC, IT Helpdesk or Service Desk)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.