Monitor Tech-Lancaster General Hospital (Full Time/Varied Shifts Available)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Talent Acquisition- Nurse Recruitment
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Full Time Positions Available all at Lancaster General Hospital.
1st Shift- hours vary between 7 am & 3 pm
2nd Shift-hours vary between 3 pm & 11:30 pm
3rd Shift-hours vary between 11 pm & 7 am
During a phone screen conversation a recruiter will talk through positions available that match your availability.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
The Monitor Technician is responsible for continuous observation of cardiac rhythms in the Central Monitoring Room. The Monitor Technician interprets cardiac rhythms and distinguishes between normal and abnormal rhythms. The Monitor Technican reports cardiac rhythm information in an accurate, timely manner to nursing staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Cardiac Monitoring and Rhythm Analysis
- Admits patient into system and enters all applicable patient information into the system.
- Verifies that the patient is on the correct telemetry transmitter upon admission and every shift. Completes the verification with the appropriate RN.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and files appropriately.
- Obtains report information to include history of cardiac rhythm, code status, anything that affects cardiac rhythms, and applicable medications or therapies.
- Analyzes and documents each patient's rhythm strips upon admission, and at least every 8 hours. Notifies patient's nurse of rhythm.
- Demonstrates accuracy with cardiac rhythm analysis.
- Requests assistance as needed from the RN for rhythm analysis.
- Recognizes conditions that mimic dysrhythmias and alter clarity of rhythm analysis, such as artifact, 60 cycle interference, wandering baseline, loose electrode, etc.
- Maintains vigilance at all times, gives 100% of attention to the cardiac monitors.
- Recognizes situations that require Rapid Response or Code Blue, takes appropriate action.
- Disinfects telemetry transmitters after each patient use.
- Performs appropriate transfers, and discharges from the monitoring system.
- Dusts monitoring equipment and keeps it clean.
- Maintains the Telemetry Monitoring System, effectively troubleshoots within job scope.
- Adapts and becomes proficient in additional uses of remote monitoring
- Documents lead, regularity, atrial rate, P wave integrity, PRI & QRS interval measurement, final interpretation of cardiac rhythm, and action or response required.
- Completes this documentation for every patient at least every 8 hours.
- Documents rhythm strip analysis immediately pre-code, intra-code/resuscitation and immediately post code.
- Notifies appropriate nursing staff of rhythm or patient condition changes upon its discovery.
- Notifies appropriate nursing staff of lethal or malignant rhythms immediately.
- Maintains regular communication with the RN.
- Notifies nursing assistant or other nursing personnel of leads off situation.
- Maintains communication with patient care areas regarding quality of telemetry transmissions, patient activity, transport, admission, discharge, transfer, to ensure continuous and accurate monitoring of patients' cardiac rhythm.
- Communicates patient and unit information to the RN and interdisciplinary care team in a timely manner.
- Seeks help from RN when needed.
- Never leaves the Monitoring Room unattended. Arranges meal or break times with designated RN or other qualified personnel to assure adequate coverage when needed.
- Accepts assignments and performs as a team member.
- Introduces self to patient and explains procedures to patient and family.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains equipment in working order. Uses equipment appropriately, follows Department policies for equipment and supply use, cleaning and maintenance.
- Keeps patient care area and work environment neat and organized.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete the Dysrhythmia Course and MST orientation.
- Basic computer skills: keyboard, mouse use.
- Ability to clearly and fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to successfully complete on the job training for LGH computer programs.
- Must successfully complete annual competency assessment for cardiac rhythm interpretation.
- Experience preferred, but orientation is provided after successful completion of Dysrhythmia Course.
- CPR certification recommended.
- Ability to complete data entry on clinical documentation screens.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/11/2021