Medical Technologist -Micro-Immunology Temporary
Lancaster General Hospital
5014 LAB-Micro Immunology-Allergy
Laboratory - Micro-Immuno-Allergy
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Temporary position during flu season at least 16 weeks, Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working nights 11:00 pm to 7:30 am with every weekend.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs routine and special diagnostic test procedures, as well as supporting Quality Control and documentation, function verification, instrument maintenance, associated specimen collection, and clerical work as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Performs and documents Quality Control. Verifies functioning of instruments.
- Performs initial evaluation and handling of incoming specimens: separation, centrifugation and preservation procedures; sorts and organizes specimen batches.
- Organizes, labels and numbers specimen, worksheets, and appropriate test materials in test set-up. Measures and dispenses specimens and reagents in test system.
- Monitors manual functions of test system and instruments to assure accuracy and precision; performs and runs standards, patient samples, programmed controls through automated or manual protocols.
- Records and evaluates programmed quality control results according to established control limits; follows corrective action procedures for out-of-control situations.
- Enters test results and related data into laboratory computer and into logbook after controls are evaluated and found to be within limits; calls "alert values" to appropriate caregivers. Accurately reports test results, understanding the inter-relationships between patient condition, medication and timing of specimen collection.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance, cleaning and decontamination of instruments, equipment, and work areas not cleaned by Environmental Services personnel.
- Exhibits appropriate professionalism and work ethic in accordance with Core Values.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 09/06/2019
- Completion of a medical lab science program or Bachelor of Science required.
- MT or MLT issued by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent agency.