Medical Technologist-Core Lab
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5012 LAB-Core Laboratory
Laboratory - Core Lab
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Medical Technologist- Core Lab
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$4,000 sign on
Full-time , 0.8, working 64 hours per two weeks working 3:00pm-11:30 pm with every 4th weekend and two holidays per year. Will work in the Core Lab at Lancaster General Hospital. This includes Chemistry,Immunochemistry, Urinalysis, hematology and coagulation.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs routine and special diagnostic test procedures, as well as supporting Quality Control and documentation, function verification, instrument maintenance, associated specimen collection, and clerical work as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Performs and documents Quality Control. Verifies functioning of instruments.
- Performs initial evaluation and handling of incoming specimens: separation, centrifugation and preservation procedures; sorts and organizes specimen batches.
- Organizes, labels and numbers specimen, worksheets, and appropriate test materials in test set-up. Measures and dispenses specimens and reagents in test system.
- Monitors manual functions of test system and instruments to assure accuracy and precision; performs and runs standards, patient samples, programmed controls through automated or manual protocols.
- Records and evaluates programmed quality control results according to established control limits; follows corrective action procedures for out-of-control situations.
- Enters test results and related data into laboratory computer and into logbook after controls are evaluated and found to be within limits; calls "alert values" to appropriate caregivers. Accurately reports test results, understanding the inter-relationships between patient condition, medication and timing of specimen collection.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance, cleaning and decontamination of instruments, equipment, and work areas not cleaned by Environmental Services personnel.
- Exhibits appropriate professionalism and work ethic in accordance with Core Values.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a medical lab science program or Bachelor of Science required.
- MT or MLT issued by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent agency.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CERTIFICATION
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/30/2020