Medical Informatics Champion
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2526 IS Clinical and Ambulatory
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health IS Physician Champion is responsible for the optimization and engagement of Epic (eHealth) and related technical tools. In collaboration with Information Services as well as Physician and Operational Leaders, the IS Physician Champion focuses on the design, implementation, and optimization of clinical documentation, orders management, and decision support within the electronic health record (EHR) to enhance provider, patient and staff satisfaction, lower health care costs, and improve quality of care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Participates in process and system redesign and clinical workflow optimization of the EHR and associated technologies.
- Build collaborative relationships with the eHealth teams and help bridge the gap between operational and technical functions.
- Helps to investigate appropriateness and prioritize requests for Epic changes and suggest alternative workflows, process redesign, potential Epic build and the quantification of any clinical/patient safety/efficiency associated with delay.
- Defines provider and staff requirements for use of the EHR, analyze workflows, and prioritize issues during the design and implementation of changes to the EHR.
- Identify and collaborate with LGH clinical and operational forums to analyze and standardize workflows, develop necessary content, communicate, and resolve issues to build commitment and consensus that will drive ongoing EHR optimization.
- Recommend minimum acceptable EHR use standards and help enforce those adoption standards regarding clinical documentation and order management.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Stay up-to-date on current Epic functionalities and Best Practice EHR workflows using listservs, Epic User Web and peer related activities.
- Participates in organizing physician EHR new-hire and ongoing training sessions as needed and ensures completion of their peers’ annual training requirements
- Facilitates EHR Efficiency efforts by being familiar with Signal reports and working with the Clinical Informatics Liaisons on Thrive and related efforts.
- Leads e-Health clinical demonstrations as needed for physicians, practice staff, leadership, and affiliates.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A board-certified or eligible, practicing provider (MD, DO, APC).
- An active member of the Medical and Dental Staff of Lancaster General Health
- Minimum 3 years of recent clinical patient care
- Prior experience with e-Health or other electronic health record technologies and clinical workflow redesign
- Leadership experience
- Epic Provider Build Certification (Required for Epic Provider Builder status)
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/06/2021