Medical Assistant - Roseville Pediatrics (28 hrs/week, Day Shift, Monday-Friday + One Evening)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61230 Roseville Pediatric Specialists
Roseville Pediatrics Kissel Hill - Pt Care
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
HOURS: Hours vary Monday-Friday between 8:30am-5:30pm, one evening until 8:00pm, Saturday rotation every 6-8 weeks from 8:00am-12:00pm. No holidays.
This position is located at both Roseville Pediatrics Kissel Hill and Roseville Pediatrics CityGate Lancaster, PA.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide clinical support services to patients at a provider’s office under the supervision and direction of a provider and/or licensed nurse. Patient care includes care to patients in following age group: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 21 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Administers injections, as prescribed by provider and in accordance with practice protocol. Provides gross observations to the provider or licensed nurse for interpretation as necessary.
- Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence in accordance with established triage protocols and relays information to the patient. Consults a provider or licensed nurse with questions or information that fall outside of the established protocols.
- Authorizes prescription refills as directed by the provider.
- Assists in test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in the coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors, and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs various front office responsibilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED) is required.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution (AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT or NAHTR). If not certified upon hire, certification required within six (6) months of hire.
- CPR Certification required.
- For Regional Positions only – Valid driver’s license is required.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 02/17/2020
- One (1) to two (2) years of Medical Assistant experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office.