Medical Assistant-Mount Joy Family Medicine (40 hours/week, 1st shift w/ 1 evening per wk)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61410 Mt Joy Family Medicine
Mount Joy Family Medicine- Patient Care
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a full time Medical Assistant to support Mount Joy Family Medicine.
The MA/CMA will provide basic clinical support (patient care) under direct supervision of licensed medical staff. This position is full time totaling 40 hours per week during operating business hours.
Monday -Wednesday 730am-8pm
Thursday and Friday 730am-430pm
One evening per week until 8pm and occasional Saturday morning rotation 8am-12pm
This position is located in Mount Joy, PA.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming standards tool.
- Administers injections, as prescribed by provider and in accordance with practice protocol. Provides gross observations to the provider or licensed nurse for interpretation as necessary.
- Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence in accordance with established triage protocols and relays information to the patient. Consults a provider or licensed nurse with questions or information that fall outside of the established protocols.
- Authorizes prescription refills as directed by the provider.
- Assists in test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in the coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors, and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED) is required.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution (AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT or NAHTR). If not certified upon hire, certification required within six (6) months of hire.
- CPR Certification required.
- For Regional Positions only – Valid driver’s license is required.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) to two (2) years of Medical Assistant experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 08/21/2019