Medical Assistant (CMA) Lancaster City Gate/Kissel Hill (36 hrs/week, Varying Shifts Mon-Fri between
HOURS: Full-time (0.9 FTE) 36hrs/wk.; Shifts vary based on office hours. General office hours are Monday-Friday 7:45 am - 9:00 pm (close) with rotating weekend and holiday shifts.
This position is located at both the Lancaster City Gate and Lititz Kissel Hill offices.
Lancaster, PA area
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide nursing services to patients and their families at our outpatient practice. Patient care includes, but is not limited to, care to patients in the following age groups: Pediatric (Newborn to 12 years), Adolescent (13 to 17 years) and Young Adult (18+ years).
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
Can be flexible!
Varying Shifts, Monday - Friday 7:45 am - Close
Two evening shifts per week
Rotating closing Friday shift & Rotating Weekends
*All evening hours are done at Lancaster location as the Lititz Location does not have evening hours.*
SIGN ON BONUS! (external applicants only)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares patient for visit by utilizing our LGHP rooming standards tool.
- Reviews and prepares patient prescription refills request.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice
- Provides ongoing patient education including, but not limited to, preventive care, chronic care management, medication usage, acute diagnosis treatment and follow up and other areas pertinent to specific patient outcomes.
- Prepares and assists providers with various office based procedures and treatments.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to hearing and vision, Spot Vision Screenings, Rapid Cepheid Influenza, RSV and COVID test, Rapid Cepheid Strep test, Urinalysis, Hgb and Lead Screens.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring patient administered test and patient overdue laboratory orders.
- Assesses wounds and initiates the removal of sutures/staples as needed.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit.
- Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure and as needed.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to assist with ongoing improvement efforts for overall positive patient experience and quality of care.
- Positively influences patient experience via patient advocacy and personalized interactions with patients, their families, office visitors and colleagues.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs various front office responsibilities as necessary.
- May require some regional travel - valid driver's license is required if traveling.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED) is required.
- Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution (AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT or NAHTR) or Completion of a Medical Assistant training program, with certification required within six (6) months of hire.
- CPR Certification required.
- One (1) to two (2) years of Medical Assistant experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve a presenting problem. The resolutions or options are clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, General clinical/clerical supplies.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, EPIC,
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/02/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.