Med History Specialist - Med Admin
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7569 Medication History Services
Medication History Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: Medication History Specialist-Med Administrtion
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Part-time, 0.5 (40 hr/2weeks) working flexible hours between 11:00am and 11:00pm with 8,10 and 12 hr shifts to meet the demands of the team and every other weekend and holiday. This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Responsible for accurately collecting and entering patient medication histories into the hospital’s information system for utilization by health care professional during the hospital encounter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collects a list of the patient’s current home medications in anticipation of hospital admission.
- Responsible for gathering information from various resources (physician offices, community pharmacy, historical encounter, extended care facility, another acute care facility) to ensure a complete and accurate entry into the hospital’s computer system.
Effectively communicates with other health care professionals to maintain appropriate patient flow and identify patient specific needs (language barriers, educational, financial, etc).
Accurately enters the home medication list into the hospital’s information system for utilization by the Provider responsible for admitting the patient.
Completes the computer entry of the home medication list in a timely manner so it can be used as the foundation for the patient’s admission medication orders.
Directs any unresolved issues to the Pharmacist.
- Administration of defined medications/vaccinations.
- Competency and accountability in the use of medication safety technology (pyxis and barcode scanning for patient and medication identification).
- Performs screening assessments for drug and alcohol, suicide, Hep C, pneumococcal and influenza.
- Places orders (medication, lab and support services) as a result of the screening tool.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or successful completion of General Educational Development (GED) exam is required.
- LPN or RN licensure; or Pharmacist with vaccine licensure (such as an immunization certification through an accredited organization (American Pharmacists Association (APhA)).
- Must obtain 80% or higher on department administered exam on key elements of the medication history process (administered post employment.
- General computer skills.
- Considerable knowledge of medication names (both trade and generic), their uses, doses, and routes of administration.
- Must be able to identify medications based on markings.
- Excellent patient interview skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with patient and other health care professionals.
Two (2) years of previous hospital health care.
This position requires a licensure
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/09/2020