Materials Management- LGH & SOP (Full-Time)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
PCES/Supply Chain Logistics
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual inventory, including receiving and shipping of products. Maintains, distributes and assists with supplies and patient care equipment as required, fills supply and patient care orders as required. Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Lancaster General Health System and provides operational support that includes supply and inventory control, patient care equipment preparation and processing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Disembarks and receives incoming freight, verifies product received. Accurately warehouses in-coming stock and equipment in assigned location. Accurately documents receiving information in Materials Management Information System (MMIS).
- Inventories departmental stock and equipment locations utilizing hand held device or other tools, determines quantity to be replenished, generates a pick ticket and allocates in MMIS.
- Delivers stock and equipment to departments and replenishes par locations. Keeps par locations clean, systematically organized and within storage standards.
- Identifies trend in supply and equipment usage for departments and collaborates with department resource team leader to ensure PAR levels are appropriate for assigned locations.
- Delivers inventory, non-inventory, special / urgent need supply orders, carts and equipment to appropriate department. Unloads supplies and equipment in an orderly fashion. Obtains delivery confirmation signatures where applicable.
- Upon notification of product or equipment recalls, investigates all inventory locations for effected items. Removes items, and replaces with unaffected items. Stages effected items for return to vendor.
- Accurately utilizes MMIS, Lawson, ehealth and/or Censitrac applications where appropriate for supply and equipment transactions.
- Removes boxes, packaging materials and other debris from the department and service areas to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Assesses stock expiration dates and pulls product from inventory as appropriate. Rotates stock in assigned locations.
- Communicates with customers to assist in resolving departmental supply and equipment issues and concerns.
- Accurately pulls department order from storeroom or patient care equipment inventory.
- Performs cycle counting and other inventory control processes as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Reports discrepancies, problems and concerns to management using proper chain of command.
- Demonstrates all computer applications accurately; consistently follows tracking system procedures for equipment tracking.
- Maintains, delivers, and collects patient care equipment to and from the requesting departments.
- Replenishes patient care carts upon receipt of delivery to department, maintains ehealth ordering system for patient care supplies, credits and charges are complete and accurate.
- Cleans and processes soiled equipment from healthcare units and stages for reuse.
- Places repair items in appropriate area and ensures loaner items are available as required.
- Prepares shipping labels, packs and ships outbound materials.
- Assigns and affixes asset tags when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or general equivalency (GED)
- One (1) year experience in material handling and warehouse inventory methods
- One (1) year experience in customer service or support
- Basic computer skills
- Three (3) years’ experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment
- Three (3) years’ experience in medical supply or patient care equipment service
- Proficiency in inventory software and supply chain systems
- Advanced computer skills
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/26/2021