Massage Therapist;Holistic Therapy(PT/Day or Eve)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Holistic Therapy is a thriving department at Lancaster Generaly Health/ Penn Medicine. We have two shifts available Monday- Sunday 1)7:30 am- 2:00 pm
2) 1:30pm-8pm. Hours and days can be discussed during the interview process.
Massage Therapist; Holistic Therapy (FT/Day or Evening)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Part-time, 0.5 40 hours per two weeks working varied Monday through Friday 7:30am to 2:00pm or 1:30 pm to 8:00pm option with rotational weekends and holidays
Perform massage therapy and bodywork treatments to patients and clients. Massage Therapists apply a system of structured touch, pressure, movement, holding and treatment of the soft tissue manifestations of the human body while the primary intent is to enhance the health and well-being of the patient. This includes lymphatic techniques, myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, and the use of electro-mechanical devices which mimic or enhance the action of the massage techniques. Provides education and information to clients, co-workers, employer and community groups on the benefits of massage and other holistic modalities. These services are provided through out Lancaster General Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greet patients and or visitors, in a friendly warm manner.
- Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms, if necessary.
- Performs and documents initial health history, assessment, and evaluation of patient/client.
- Performs and documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
- Effectively communicates and explains procedures appropriate to patient/client needs and preferences.
- Practices appropriate massage techniques.
- Maintains patient/client confidentiality and sensitivity during all patient/client interactions; reports any unusual patient/client interactions to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains patient records and patient satisfaction in accordance with Lancaster General Health’s standards and protocols.
- Maintains therapy room cleanliness and all supplies and equipment for massage therapy.
- Participates in marketing and community events as requested. Participates with in-service activities for patients, physicians and related hospital departments.
- Participates in the performance improvement program.
- Establish empathy and a person-centered approach to clients.
- Rounds in departments to develop awareness of services and provide short massage session as appropriate.
- Ensures all of the equipment and supplies get back to the appropriate place after a treatment has been completed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma/GED
- Completed massage therapy education
- Licensed by the state of Pennsylvania
- Complete the required continuing education hours by the massage therapy board of Pennsylvania
- At least 2 years of experience performing massage.
This position requires a Professional License or certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/10/2021