Job Title: Massage Therapist (Full-time/Day/Evening)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 64 hours per two weeks working days 7:30a-2:00pm or 1:30 pm to 8:00pm with every other weekend and rotational holidays.
Perform massage therapy and bodywork treatments to patients and clients. Massage Therapists apply a system of structured touch, pressure, movement, holding and treatment of the soft tissue manifestations of the human body while the primary intent is to enhance the health and well-being of the patient. This includes lymphatic techniques, myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, and the use of electro-mechanical devices which mimic or enhance the action of the massage techniques. Provides education and information to clients, co-workers, employer and community groups on the benefits of massage and other holistic modalities. These services are provided through out Lancaster General Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greet patients and or visitors, in a friendly warm manner.
- Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms, if necessary.
- Performs and documents initial health history, assessment, and evaluation of patient/client.
- Performs and documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
- Effectively communicates and explains procedures appropriate to patient/client needs and preferences.
- Practices appropriate massage techniques.
- Maintains patient/client confidentiality and sensitivity during all patient/client interactions; reports any unusual patient/client interactions to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains patient records and patient satisfaction in accordance with Lancaster General Health’s standards and protocols.
- Maintains therapy room cleanliness and all supplies and equipment for massage therapy.
- Participates in marketing and community events as requested. Participates with in-service activities for patients, physicians and related hospital departments.
- Participates in the performance improvement program.
- Establish empathy and a person-centered approach to clients.
- Rounds in departments to develop awareness of services and provide short massage session as appropriate.
- Ensures all of the equipment and supplies get back to the appropriate place after a treatment has been completed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma/GED
- Completed massage therapy education
- Licensed by the state of Pennsylvania
- Complete the required continuing education hours by the massage therapy board of Pennsylvania
- At least 2 years of experience performing massage.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 08/01/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.