Managing Editor - Casual
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Casual (0.1 FTE - varied hours).
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees and coordinates all aspects of publication and production for the Lancaster General Journal ensuring production and distribution of quarterly issues are completed on schedule and according to quality standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Is responsible for all non-editorial production activities for the Journal including layout, design, and formatting of issues; recommends a printer to the Editor and regularly assesses their quality and value; is the primary liaison with the printer; coordinates Journal production logistics with other external and internal vendors; coordinates with LGH Marketing Department and other LGH Departments who utilize the Journal as a resource – e.g. physician recruiting; coordinates with advertisers when relevant.
- Coordinates potential medical author assignments and provides information packets which include guidelines, financial disclosure forms, biographical information and other relevant instructions to potential contributors.
- Obtains and corrects digital images, graphs, and tables published elsewhere for authors use in publication; obtains copyright permissions where necessary.
- Manages submissions and review of articles by Editor to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Compiles and prepares manuscripts for editing and consults with Editor regarding arrangements and compilation of content for each issue; proofreads copyedited materials as required.
- Formats all manuscripts for printing; develops covers and design of each issue in accordance with existing templates and designs; prepares digital file of complete issue; conducts independent proof review of digital files in addition to editor’s review; uploads file to printer.
- Assures that printed version of Journal is accurate, conforms to established standards and design, and is printed on schedule.
- Coordinates manual distribution of copies to Departments within LGH that are not mailed.
- Is responsible for production of electronic version of Journal on Web and utilizes LGH web support services as necessary to ensure website is accurate, properly formatted and searchable.
- Prepares annual budget report for review by Editor.
- Arranges quarterly meetings of Advisory Editorial Board, prepares agenda, refreshments, and reports for meetings.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors’ Degree is required.
- Computer literacy and aptitude for journal production and electronic publishing.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in publishing, writing or a related field.
- Proven ability to establish goals, meet deadlines, and work with others to accomplish objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in publishing or printing industry.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/13/2022