Manager of Accounting Support Services (Full Time/ Day shift)
Temporarily responsible for management of the Lancaster General Health Accounts Payable department. This short term assignment will include the change management and transition to new Accounts Payable processes within organization. The position will then transition to General Accounting with expanded responsibilities beyond Accounts Payable and will no longer manage the Accounts Payable staff.
Manages Accounting Support Service functions for Lancaster General Health entities including General Accounting, Cash Management, and the Pre Accounts Payable process. Has responsibility for oversight of General Accounting and Accounting Support staff
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift; M-F 8:30-5:00, no weekends
- Serves as problem resolution coordinator to keep users informed of changes, new requirements, etc.
- Temporarily supervises Accounts Payable staff and all related functions of the Accounts Payable department to ensure that appropriate procedures are followed such that vendor invoices are paid in a timely efficient manner
- Develops and maintains financial operations processes and procedures for General Accounting.
- Supervises the daily and monthly activities of staff to ensure that the appropriate processes and procedures are being followed in order to provide accurate financial reporting.
- Independently analyzes and reconciles financial data to the general ledger. Identifies discrepancies and provides timely resolution.
- Acts in a leadership role for the monthly financial statement close process, ensures all necessary data is collected and recorded, and all financial system jobs are run and completed at the appropriate time.
- Responsible for preparation of the Federal tax returns (990/990T). Ensures data is accurately reported and filed timely.
- Oversees routine and ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting.
- Presents financial results to various levels of leadership.
- Lead financial manager for preparation of select components of the annual budget. Develops time schedule and works with staff and various levels of management to meet deadlines.
- Maintains knowledge of revenue cycle processes and their effects on General Accounting.
- Serves as liaison between General Accounting and operational departments inclusive of Executive Leadership.
- Completes special projects as assigned by leadership. Plans, organizes, and manages project in order to produce desired outcome within designated timeframe. Independently communicates with various levels within the organization in order to accomplish goals.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Conducts annual staff performance reviews.
- Evaluates performance of staff; conducts performance reviews.
- Mentors and develops staff.
- Recommends improvements to procedures and processes to Assistant Controller.
- Prepares audit work papers and provides supporting documentation as required by Internal or External Auditors. Interacts with Internal and External Auditors as necessary.
- Performs and oversees testing for system upgrades.
- Assists with department planning and organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in general accounting, financial statement preparation, and financial analysis.
- Two (2) experience in Accounts Payable
- Demonstrated ability to recognize data problems and follow-up analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated and shows initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Lawson specific systems experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification or Master’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/24/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.