Manager Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2521 IS Application Services
IS Shared Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Standard Business hours. Occasional off hours to support teams during changes or issues.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for leading a team of administrators to design, standardize, implement and continuously improve the organization's infrastructure. This includes overseeing the enterprise Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), endpoint imaging and related tools in support of our 13,000+ endpoint environment.
As the leader for our VDI team, you will define and plan end user technology services, specifically related to the VDI and endpoint platform standards. You will also play a leadership role in assessing both hardware and software technologies to ensure they continue to meet the organizations evolving needs. You will be responsible for developing standards, processes, and governance of virtual and physical endpoint management services, looking for ways to systematically improve processes, efficiency, and productivity. You'll be a critical part of the IT leadership team, helping to build a mature, scalable, stable environment that advances the business objectives and meets customer needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversee operations of systems and services supporting VDI, including endpoint management, configuration, and other tools appropriate for a multi-platform environment.
- Supervise a team of VDI and endpoint management administrator’s, setting the team up for success through performance coaching and talent development.
- Manage projects supporting endpoint technologies, including lifecycle replacement projects
- Establish strategic plans for team and system maturity based on best practices and organizational priorities.
- Oversee operation system image updates, ensuring deployments maintain software compatibility and deployed images do not reach end-of-life.
- Build and maintain trusted partnerships with peers including Microsoft, VMWare, Support, operational leaders, customers, vendors, and the broader IT team.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure changes to our environment are stable, reliable, and consider upstream and downstream process impact.
- Build in-depth knowledge of our customer base and operational workflows in order to proactively understand and communicate about potential impact of changes to our endpoints.
- Build a team culture of innovation, professionalism, and delivering on commitments.
- Keep up to date on industry best practices and technological advancements to bring ideas that will help advance the team's goals.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Establishes training guidance and tips for customers and vendors.
- Support special projects and requests when required.
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading a technical team, with an emphasis on coaching, mentoring, and talent development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven experience in strategic planning with an ability to make business recommendations rooted in value or results.
- Proven experience driving business impact based on understanding of customer needs with a focus on change management and understanding customer impact.
- Experience with VM Ware/Virtualization Products.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/09/2021