Manager Systems Security & Parking LGH (8am-4pm)
1.0 FTE. The regular schedule is Monday through Friday 8a-4p. Hours may vary.
Penn Medicine Home Health
This position will provide project management from study conceptualization through completion for personal and asset security and protection measures for all Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health (LGH) managed facilities. The Manager Security Systems and Parking is responsible for the direction, planning, implementation and support of the security technology functions including but not limited to video surveillance, analytics, personal protection systems, all physical facility security mechanicals and associated staff. Additionally, the role is responsible for managing the parking facilities and personnel.
HOURS: 40 hours/week 8am-4pm *may vary slightly
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Manage and supervise the Security Access and Parking Lot Attendant staff that consists of approximately 10 support personnel.
- Coordinates and manages projects with the Security Director, Security Vendors, Construction Managers and General Contractors to install various security technologies across the organization including but not limited to: card readers, security camera, personal protection systems and parking management systems.
- Configures and manages all aspects of facility security technology.
- Administers appropriate clearance access within the organization, according to Lancaster General Security Department guidelines.
- Ensure Security Technical Standards for all LGH run facilities.
- Performs problem determination and technical diagnostics for approved software products and servers to determine the means of interventions and repair (upgrading, replacing, resetting product, utilizing vendors, training end users, etc.)
- Controls vendors in the performance of purchases services and audits work performed. Oversees vendors while working inside a physical location.
- Manages budgets and financial plans related to upgrades and repairs. Audits variances in repairs costs by reviewing vendor contracts.
- Researches and develops recommendations related to security technology upgrades and repairs including cost and benefit analysis.
- Develop/maintain parking systems within garages and surface lots owned by LGH.
- Prepare and/or revise written procedures and policies with respect to security technology functions at LGH facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of annual performance reviews of department personnel under charge.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains a working knowledge of security technology advancements and discuss opportunities with the Security Director.
- Generation of auditing reports for Compliance Officers.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s degree in computer science or technology.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in a technology field.
- Experience with CCure 800 or 9000
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Ten (10) years experience in technology.
- Moderate understanding of computer networking, operating systems, and databases.
- Significant diagnostic and trouble shooting skills.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits At A Glance:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and on-site Pharmacy plans to meet individual and family needs
- 100% Tuition Assistance at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (role dependent)
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA & HSA) to further reduce taxable income and empower your healthcare choices
- Retirement Plan savings (403b) with employer match and annual employer contribution
- Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other Wellness incentives
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Posted on 09/08/2023
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.