Manager Physician Relations
Lancaster General Hospital
3061 Physician Relations - Customer Service
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time - Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager, Physician Relations will be responsible for managing the effectiveness of the field team to earn referrals from providers and/or physician practices to Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health programs and services. This includes the day-to-day supervision of liaison performance and department operations. Field performance management will include evaluating, coaching, training and developing each liaison and the team to achieve greater results. The manger will also analyze volume/referral data, identify new growth opportunities and develop strategies/tactics to achieve greater growth. In addition, the manager will be responsible for strategic provider practices spending ~50% of their time in the field. The physician liaison team is the primary face of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health to referring providers and is responsible for increasing loyalty and preference to Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health. The manager will have responsibility for ensuring the liaisons have the ability to understand and describe the clinical offerings of Penn Medicine and Lancaster General Health, understand key referral relationships, referring provider needs and building and supporting relationships. The manager will support the liaisons in coordinating and acting as a key resource for internal and external clients and identifying new business opportunities with referring practices. Travel within the 5 county region is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Creation of the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health physician outreach strategy and quarterly priorities with concentration on Service Line needs, Provider Practice Needs and Field-Market Intelligence.
- Responsible for the development of the physician business development plan which include identification of targeted service lines for growth, physician target list development and methodology and defining metrics for measuring success.
- Responsible for training and then holding physician liaison team accountable for identifying and targeting ways of bringing business to Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health through new and established referring physician relationships using variety of referral data sources.
- Programmatic Expertise - expertise in your audiences’ referral pathways and lead physician liaison team through how they apply to different business development needs at different times in the sales cycle.
- Message Development – Develop physician liaison team skills to apply data and market intelligence to craft audience specific messages to enhance referral opportunities.
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding and motivating new talent including evaluating progress toward full productivity.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods and results of the physician liaisons and complete training and development plans to achieve results.
- Complete ride-a longs and 1:1 meetings with each liaison to observe, coach and create development action plans for improved performance.
- Develop and adjust territory assignments, resource utilization and referral trends.
- Leads the referral tracking/trending, documentation and completion of the physician liaison quarterly sales plan.
- Manage strategic provider practices using consultative selling.
- Establish short/long term strategies for business retention. Develop new referral sources from outside of the community.
- Serve as a resource regarding provider issues and/or community issues and/or dissemination of materials and/or information.
- Monitor, report and manage the physician liaison’s individual activity, goal achievement, visit effectiveness and overall performance.
- Prepare timely reports and presentations in support of liaison performance (activity), volume results, referral results, physician, service line and new growth opportunities.
- Ensure adequate training and utilization of available sales tools.
- Responsible for issue resolution program management. Manages and supports overall structure, systems for problem tracking and resolution, ensuring high quality professional communication and service to the system.
- Physician liaison team budget management and reporting.
- Leads continuous improvement processes for outreach activity and operations.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external policy and procedures, and state and federal STARK reporting laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business administration or related field
- Seven (7) years of Healthcare sales experience.
- Understanding of medical terminology as well as the provider, payer and patient healthcare landscape.
- Knowledge of resources, market and business data and ability to apply this information in the development, implementation, measurement and evaluation of sales/marketing programs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the needs of internal and external clients and devise ways to bridge these needs to achieve goals
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
Posted on 12/23/2019
- Previous management experience.