Manager Patient Financial Services
Lancaster General Hospital
2044 PFS Account Resolution
Patient Financial Services-Mgmt
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time M- F
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages the daily operations of one or more functional areas within Patient Financial Services (centralized scheduling/pre-registration, third party payer contracting, insurance follow-up or cash applications).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains a high level understanding of the entire revenue cycle; maintains a thorough knowledge of the components for which manager is specifically responsible; maintains a thorough knowledge of staff processes at a management level; anticipates changes in revenue cycle workflow based on changes in the internal and external healthcare environment relevant to the unit and makes appropriate changes/recommendations.
- Identifies work processes that can be improved upon, eliminated, or handled though electronic processes; makes appropriate changes or recommendations to workflows; breaks down identified problems into small components, understands underlying issues, simplifies and processes complex issues; understands the difference between critical and unimportant facts/details.
- Integrates activities of the unit with other units as necessary to ensure effective coordination of the revenue cycle workflows.
- Maintains staffing levels that enhance productivity and quality; assesses workload, workflow, and staff schedules for effectiveness and efficiency; develops measurement tools related to individual and team performance; monitors and discusses with staff on a regular basis.
- Develop, maintain and implement policies and procedures as necessary.
- Encourages and supports employee to grow and develop; maintains effective process for orienting new employees; recommends staff for promotional opportunities when appropriate; services as a resources for staff; identifies and recommends deserving staff for recognition; addresses remedial situations with action plans and measurable outcomes; encourages and facilitates setting and attaining personal goals.
- Communicates with staff and others as appropriate regularly to develop and facilitate timely, accurate, and complete flow of information through staff meetings, email, bulletin board, meeting minutes, and follow-up procedures.
- Communicates performance expectations and provides timely feedback on performance including periodic verbal feedback and annual performance evaluations completed on or before the due date.
- Participate in hospital-wide projects as necessary.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required, with significant demonstrated experience in a healthcare setting.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in a healthcare financial setting or in contract analysis/negotiations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with basic computer applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
Posted on 02/26/2020
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in healthcare financial setting or in contract analysis/negotiations.