Manager - Patient Access & Contact Center
Lancaster General Hospital
2022 Sched/Insurance Validation
Patient Financial Services- Management
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time- Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager will lead multiple contact centers including the Marketing Contact Center and Patient Access Center. The Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the people, processes, technology, and strategy for the centers. The manager will be an integral leader implementing the vision of consolidating similar contact centers throughout the organization as described in the organization’s strategic plan.
Day-to-day management of the Contact Center will include supervision of supervisors, staff, data reporting, vendor relationship management, internal relationship management and technology maintenance. These responsibilities will help to ensure the center meets or exceeds established service level goals, productivity is maximized, and callers receive the best service. The Manager will create and foster a positive, team-oriented, customer-centered, and quality driven professional work environment where staff can work and achieve their personal and group goals. Advocates continuous quality improvement, quality control, and adherence to regulatory protocols for all functions delivered in the centers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Manages day-to-day contact center operations including setting goals and monitoring customer service levels and expectations, recognizing areas of improvement and development, and managing change.
- Ensures all contact center staff are properly trained in providing premier customer service, in addition to LG Health’s vision and mission, and are knowledgeable about the services we offer. Supports Supervisor in reviewing the performance of staff (based on monitored calls), identifies staff training needs, and plans training sessions. Maintains awareness of employees performing below quality standards and provides extra coaching and mentoring when needed.
- Organizes and maintains number of staff required to match demand. Investigates service issues, handles escalated calls, and assists with call volumes as needed.
- Communicates and records outcome measurements related to patient access to ensure alignment with clinical, information, strategic, and marketing objectives. Ensures global registration compliance.
- Develops, produces, analyzes, and presents ongoing and ad-hoc contact center reports to senior staff and key stakeholders. Identifies key service opportunity areas, process improvements, and operational inefficiencies, clearly articulates changes needed, and drives required improvements and changes to completion.
- Monitors areas of oversight for staff productivity against volumes.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with key internal departments to provide global oversight, direction, and implementation of technology, policies, and procedures that effectively allows representatives to handle contacts from patients, physicians, and consumers.
- Implements and manages the transition of applicable contact center activity and responsibility from other internal and outsourced centers to this contact center. Develops new ideas for future enhancements.
- Maintains Revenue Cycle oversight for Access and Denial Management initiatives. Works closely with the Managers in PFS to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations involving third party payers’ requirements.
- In collaboration with LG Business Development Team, Business Operation Leaders, and other key stakeholders, assists in the development of a long range strategic vision of contact centers, Participates in establishing, reviewing, and updating policies and procedures for all areas. Reviews and approves procedures and disseminates information to applicable departments. Ensures that Hospital and departmental policies are interpreted uniformly and consistently applied.
- Develops budget allocations, and reviews, evaluates and reports on expenditures for cost centers. Monitors reports and ensures compliance to fiscal budget.
- Contributes to and/or leads projects requiring high levels of internal customer interaction, coordination, strategizing, and follow up. Determines measures of success. Develops implementation plans with timelines and accountabilities.
- Communicates business strategies and results to empower and motivate Contact Center staff.
- Ensures Contact Center initiatives meet regional and industry standards for best hospital practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Five (5) year’s progressive management experience in healthcare or related field.
- Strong interpersonal to include verbal and written communications skills are essential.
Posted on 11/27/2019
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ progressive management experience in a clinical and/or healthcare financial setting.