Manager Operations, Pain Center (RN Required)
Lancaster General Hospital
7266 SOP-Pain Management Center
Position located at the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion in Lancaster, PA
SUMMARY: LG Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Manager for the LGHP Pain Center. The Manager plans, organizes, directs and supports both the Outpatient Hospital Department and Physician Services at the assigned facility to ensure the effectiveness of overall site operations. Ensures continuity of care and promotes team building among interdisciplinary staff. Oversees provision of patient care consistent with the mission and vision of the organization.
HOURS: Fulltime, Monday - Friday
- Work with LG leadership, Medical Director and managing physician to develop, implement and oversee a Comprehensive Outpatient Pain Management program that includes multidisciplinary interventional and non-interventional services.
- Ensures compliance with department, hospital and regulatory standards. Accept departmental accountability for current and new practices, clinical programs and systems necessary to support evidenced based care and changing patient and community needs.
- Recruit and retain qualified staff using input from staff and physicians. Develop plans for credentialing, departmental orientation, education and training for new staff. Evaluate and monitor job performance of assigned personnel. Provide and implement competency and training for existing staff as needed. Play an active role in the growth and development of assigned staff and ensure accountability for professional practice by fostering a shared governance model.
- Oversee the operational efficiency, quality and key performance indicators (KPI's) of assigned physician, staff, ancillary and ambulatory services. Develop and implement appropriate staffing and scheduling assignments for both the ambulatory and physician practice. In order to drive department performance, assignments will reflect appropriate utilization of personnel considering scope of practice, competencies, patient needs and complexity of care.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director of Operations, participate in and manage various activities relating to the financial management of assigned locations. Assists with budget preparation, manages facility expenses and reviews monthly administrative reports for accuracy. Makes recommendations on expense reduction opportunities and develops actions plans to correct variances, as appropriate.
- Ensure Patient Access and Patient Financial Services within the assigned facility and ensure policies and procedures are standardized, interpreted uniformly and consistently and systemically applied at assigned locations for both hospital and physician services. Ensure distribution of reports according to the established frequency of patient accounts that have error, associated with bill and/or regulatory compliance, as necessary.
- Coordinate and actively participate in the marketing of ambulatory sites services, new program development/expansion, and all other related activities as directed by the Regional Director of Operations.
- Serve as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of patient and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicate with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service top of priority. Monitors patient satisfaction and develops action plans as appropriate within assigned facility(ies).
- Serves as the leadership liaison of the program to partnering departments of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Imaging Services, Lab Services and/or any other Ancillary Services as well as the Neuroscience Service line. Actively maintain a respectful working relationship with office staff, physicians, clinicians and management of referring facilities. Resolve problems within scope of control and immediately communicates problems requiring administrative attention to the Director.
- Serves as the Process Improvement Coordinator, assisting Ambulatory and Physician Leadership team members and departments in achieving desired key performance indicators; clinical outcomes and patient quality and safety. Develop and maintain a tracking tool to measure and monitor performance.
- Independently identify needs for structural and other significant changes within the facility; compile data to support needs and develop recommendations for review with physicians and Director of Operations; upon approval, prepare implementation plan and coordinate/facilitate all implementation ac cities; monitor changes and make adjustments as necessary; evaluate and report impact of changes.
Posted on 08/27/2019
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Management or related field is required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a Magnet designated RN position, BSN or higher level nursing degree will be required by 12/31/19.
- Valid PA Drivers License is required.
- Five years experience in managing others is required.
- Five years clinical experience; preferably ambulatory or physician practice is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with peers and leaders at all levels, physicians and various stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in computer software systems, data analysis and financial analysis.
- Prior multi-departmental experience is preferred