Manager Laboratory Pathology Services
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Hours: Full Time
SUMMARY STATEMENT: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PURPOSE: A Manager of Diagnostics is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising clinical services performed within the Laboratory section of assignment. Coordinates the workflow of all services in that clinical unit across Lancaster General Health. Maintains oversight of staff competency, customer satisfaction and quality of patient care. Provides human resources management and business support for the modality or laboratory section.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 90%. Qualified individuals must have the ability - - with or without reasonable accommodation - - to perform the following duties:
- Oversees and coordinates the delivery of services for all patients and customers across Lancaster General Health. This includes the appropriate use of equipment and resources as well as supplies, processes and schedules.
- Provides financial oversight and budget preparation and management for the responsible area(s), appropriately controlling expenses, optimizing resources and seeking opportunities for revenue growth. Collaborates with the Diagnostics Business manager on a regular basis.
- Manages employees through recruitment and retention, performance evaluations and corrective action when needed. Works to provide developmental opportunities and constructive feedback to achieve high performance from team members and ensure employee satisfaction.
- Promotes process improvement and ideas for problem solving from all stakeholders. Manages problem analysis in a professional, non-punitive, and collegial manner.
- Develops strong, positive working relationships with patients, customers, fellow employees, vendors, and others within the organization and industry. Models the LGH every time behaviors on a consistent basis. Communicates professionally and demonstrates appropriate judgment in escalating issues or informing others.
- Supports and implements projects as a leader or participant. Develops and implements project plans that minimize distribution and manages the plan to reasonable targets for budget and timeline.
- .Maintains clinical knowledge of the area(s) of responsibility, monitoring changes in the industry and working collaboratively with medical and administrative leadership to develop strategies which support the goals of the organization. Ensures policies, procedures, and protocols that maximize the quality of care and patient and employee safety.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for all services and safety including but not limited to LGH and departmental Policies & Procedures, JCAHO standards, PA DOH regulations, ARRT, ACR, AABB, FDA, CAP and the professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintains professional acumen, participates in professional organizations, practices self-development and promotes professional growth through talent management of direct reports and other staff.
- Participates in applicable Hospital committees as requested.
- Certification in a clinical discipline by one or more certifying bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a health related field is preferred.
- Five (5) years clinical experience as a certified health care provider, technologist, or health administrator.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Posted on 05/12/2020
- Three (3) years formal or informal leadership experience in a healthcare field.