Manager HCM (Full Time/ Day shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Technology Manager will form a key member of the HR Operations team setting the agenda for Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) optimization, by considering both strategic and operational priorities. Directs the design, selection and implementation or modification of any HR Technology solution. Provides a strategic and operational focus on HR systems by initiating and supporting process improvements and efficiencies related to the healthcare systems’ workforce. Participate in Workday Community to stay informed on future release functionality and enhancements; subsequently acting as Workday Program and Update Manager.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) M-F schedule. Remote position
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Manages the on-going development of HR Technology Roadmap. This Roadmap helps guide Human Resources, and the healthcare management team, reach consensus about identified workforce needs and technologies required to satisfy those needs; providing a framework to plan and coordinate technology enhancements.
- Leads projects and initiatives which will enhance delivery of HR technology services to employees.
- Coordinates the use of HR Technology to support deployment of process improvements including enhanced or additional, functionality, with other stakeholders (i.e. Payroll, HR Partners, Information Technology).
- Represents HCM team in capacity of Workday Program and Update Manager.
- Researches and resolves HCM issues and recommends Workday alternative solutions or methods to meet business needs.
- Acts as a super-user and primary administrator for Workday HRIS system.
- Assists in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades, working in tandem with all HR functional teams to operationalize these new releases.
- Participates in change impact analysis associated with new features/functions. Discusses release note findings with HCM team members, examines impact on current production environment and works to develop mitigation strategies to reduce impact from release.
- Collaborates with HR and Payroll leadership to ensure accuracy of data mining and reporting activities.
- Coordinate multiple phases of testing, to include writing test plans and test scripts, performing system testing and supporting user testing.
- Communicates recommended changes for Workday functional areas to HR team and conducts knowledge transfer sessions to HCM team.
- Supervises any HCM team members.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Develops user procedures and guidelines; documenting for internal audit purposes.
- Participates in Workday user group meetings/conferences.
- Provides oversight for maintenance of integrations from Workday to ancillary systems such as KRONOS, benefits providers, etc.
- Serves as Project Lead and subject matter expert on any plans involving HR Technology systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline.
- Five years of experience in Human Resources with at least one year with Workday HCM or equivalent HRIS platform.
- Experience in Workday Implementation.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/09/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.