Manager Facilities (Full Time, Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant- Administration
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Director of Facilities Management in the daily operations and maintenance of the LGH campus and hospital owned properties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists the Director in maintaining JCAHO, DOH, and other regulatory Agencies documentation and compliance.
- Manages all activities for repairs, preventive maintenance, and project activities by planning, organizing, scheduling and controlling manpower and materials, equipment and other associated resources.
- Manages personnel activities including evaluations, training, performance/productivity standards, interviewing/hiring, disciplinary actions including suspension, staff grievances and counseling, technical assistance, etc.
- Performs work order and project investigation or management including estimates, manpower requirements, and schedules; preparation of layouts, plans, and material lists; procurement of materials; preparation of implementation plans; punch listing, etc.
- Coordinates and controls outside contractors in the performance of purchased services, new construction, or other building trades work. Assures work is performed in compliance with Life Safety and all other regulatory requirements and in conformance with hospital standards and practice. Supports contractors with required utility shutdowns and interfacing of existing systems. Plays an integral role in promoting a seamless integration of construction requirements and facility staff involvement.
- Oversees daily manpower schedules to ensure adequate coverage for all routine and emergency conditions and coordinates activities with other trades and departments to eliminate conflicts.
- Monitors employees for acceptable levels of work quantity and quality per established PMP standards. Provides in-service training and directs employees in proper maintenance methods, procedures, and emergency protocols to improve working knowledge of equipment, operations, and systems.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to staff for issues or problems that arise for off shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Prepares and assists director in preparing annual minor capital and expense budgets. Monitors monthly expenditures to ensure shops operate within allocated budgetary allowances
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Eight (8) years of Plant Engineering/Maintenance experience.
- Three (5) years of Supervisor/Administration experience.
- Five (5) years of craft/trade skills.
- Associate’s Degree in related field.
- Familiarity with DOH, JCAHO, OSHA, DER, NFPA, etc.
- Five (5) years’ experience in hospital engineering and maintenance.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/15/2020