Manager Facilities (Full Time, Day Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant- Administration
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Director of Facilities Management in the daily operations and maintenance of the LGH campus and hospital owned properties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists the Director in maintaining JCAHO, DOH, and other regulatory Agencies documentation and compliance.
- Manages all activities for repairs, preventive maintenance, and project activities by planning, organizing, scheduling and controlling manpower and materials, equipment and other associated resources.
- Manages personnel activities including evaluations, training, performance/productivity standards, interviewing/hiring, disciplinary actions including suspension, staff grievances and counseling, technical assistance, etc.
- Performs work order and project investigation or management including estimates, manpower requirements, and schedules; preparation of layouts, plans, and material lists; procurement of materials; preparation of implementation plans; punch listing, etc.
- Coordinates and controls outside contractors in the performance of purchased services, new construction, or other building trades work. Assures work is performed in compliance with Life Safety and all other regulatory requirements and in conformance with hospital standards and practice. Supports contractors with required utility shutdowns and interfacing of existing systems. Plays an integral role in promoting a seamless integration of construction requirements and facility staff involvement.
- Oversees daily manpower schedules to ensure adequate coverage for all routine and emergency conditions and coordinates activities with other trades and departments to eliminate conflicts.
- Monitors employees for acceptable levels of work quantity and quality per established PMP standards. Provides in-service training and directs employees in proper maintenance methods, procedures, and emergency protocols to improve working knowledge of equipment, operations, and systems.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to staff for issues or problems that arise for off shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Prepares and assists director in preparing annual minor capital and expense budgets. Monitors monthly expenditures to ensure shops operate within allocated budgetary allowances
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Eight (8) years of Plant Engineering/Maintenance experience.
- Three (5) years of Supervisor/Administration experience.
- Five (5) years of craft/trade skills.
Posted on 09/18/2019
- Associate’s Degree in related field.
- Familiarity with DOH, JCAHO, OSHA, DER, NFPA, etc.
- Five (5) years’ experience in hospital engineering and maintenance.