Manager Common Applications
Lancaster General Hospital
2521 IS Application Services
IS Shared Services
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director, Technology and Operations , and according to established policies and procedures, the Manager, Common Applications is responsible for leading and managing a diverse technical staff to meet customer, application staff and corporate security needs by implementing new Common Applications and Enterprise System Management components and ensuring the operational readiness of current Common Applications and Enterprise System Management components in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with customers and project team members; provides enhancement and maintenance support for existing systems and network services.
The Manager, Common Applications engages with peer technology team-members as well as Desktop, Helpdesk, Infrastructure and Network & Security teams in supporting Common Applications and Enterprise System Management strategies and services. They recognize and support an ‘always on’, 24x7, systems services model as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Employee recruitment and retention responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performance management focused on driving high results, including the timely offering of constructive counseling and corrective action
- Timely and effective recruitment and selection of employees
- A focus on supporting and contributing to employee satisfaction
- Talent management and ongoing employee development- including ensuring the availability of training and employee developmental opportunities and encouraging self-learning which enhances performance and contributes to a meaningful sense of teamwork by developing and supporting colleagues.
- Salary administration
- Time and attendance recordkeeping
The Manager, Common Applications will lead and directly supervise a diverse a highly skilled team responsible for the following;
Active Directory Services Design and Sustain Engineering (patches, upgrades)
- Group Policy
- User account Management
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Design and Sustain Engineering (patches, upgrades)
- Desktop Image Management and Packaging Design and Sustain Engineering (including patch management)
- Remote control engineering
- Software distribution, operating system deployment, virus protection, application deployment
- Hardware and Software Inventory Management
System Center Operations Manager
- Task Automation
Common Application System Design and Sustain Engineering
- Exchange administration System Design and Sustain Engineering (patches, upgrades)
- Lync Administration System Design and Sustain Engineering (patches, upgrades)
- SharePoint Administration System Design and Sustain Engineering (patches, upgrades)
- Imprivata Single Sign On Administration System Design and Sustain Engineering (patches, upgrades)
VMware vCenter Operations Manager Design and Sustain Engineering
Endpoint Client System Design and Sustain Engineering (Thin, Zero and Fat Client)
VMware ThinApp and Citrix XenApp Design and Sustain Engineering
Helpdesk and Desktop Services
- Fulfillment of Desktop components (Ordering/procurement and deployment)
- Prioritizes problem and service requests based on impact to patient care and business functions. (Trouble Ticket Management)
- Desktop Problem Resolution (troubleshooting)
- Proactively monitors all assigned services to ensure high availability and reliability by data collection and proper analysis of support calls.
- Identifies and resolves the root cause of personal computing problems to eliminate future instances.
- Uses problem resolution to develop new standards to improve services.
- Directly and indirectly supervises diverse customer support staff to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Develop, enhance and enforce change control.
- Identifies indicators of appropriate utilization and performance by evaluating data trends
- Plans for new needs in order to support application or other technology implementations
- Tests and documents user support requirements for all Personal Computing devices and peripherals
- Implements, creates or assists in the creation of user support documentation for new and existing applications.
Travel as needed to support customers and remote Lancaster General Health Data Center and Computer Room sites.
- Act as organizational role models for teamwork and personal professionalism.
- Responsible for providing quality interaction, mutual support, behavior and performance feedback in creating a high performing services team. Organize and plan involvement in projects including creation of project plans.
- Serves as a direct technology resource to ensure projects are appropriately resourced.
- Assist with budgetary planning.
- Ensures that staff receives appropriate and timely training in specific Common Applications and Enterprise System Management technologies.
- Continue to pursue professional development in order to stay abreast of best practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Five (5) years experience in related relevant Information Technology Network operations and with client/server management.
- Three (3) years’ experience directly managing a technical team.
- Comprehensive knowledge managing the diagnosis and troubleshooting of a large complex Information Services environment (9000+ users, 800+ servers) on a 24x7 basis.
- Familiar knowledge of VMware, Converged Systems, CISCO and EMC products and Microsoft server and network services.
- Familiar knowledge of network and system hardware, network switching, network routing, performance and system/network services tools.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and deep knowledge in one or more of the following Microsoft product verticals::
- Exchange services
- SQL services
- SharePoint services
- Active Directory services
- System Center
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on partnering and high integrity communications with all levels of staff.
- Strong organizational and planning skills using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current healthcare and industry trends.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE) certification, CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), and/or CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Four (4) years of demonstrated experience successfully delivering Information Technologies Network services and solutions for Clinical and Business applications in a Healthcare environment across multiple hardware and software platforms with demonstrated competency in:
- Service delivery and solution execution in support of new healthcare projects
- Service delivery in a regulated environment
- A firm understanding of Active Directories, OU’s, Groups, and GPO.
- Strong desktop support skills, comprehension of profiles, both local and roaming.
- Strong MS Office Suite 2000-2010 and Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Strong understanding of protocols and ports.
- Competency with smartphones.
- Experience maintaining antivirus software and monitoring tools.
Posted on 02/12/2020
- Demonstrated 24x7 operations and level-3 support in managing the diagnosis and troubleshooting of a high volume (9000+ users, 800+ servers)
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) training or certification
- Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiations.
- Demonstrated experience working with key industry IT standards bodies/forums in driving standards and interoperability.
- Experience in Information Technology Common Applications and Enterprise System Management delivery and support in a medium to large Healthcare environment.