Manager Cardiology Pre/Post Holding Area
Hours may vary as needed
Manages and is accountable for the care delivered in the Cardiology Pre/Post Holding Area and the Heart and Vascular Clinic departments consistent with the mission and vision of the organization. Accepts organizational accountability for all the services provided to patients (both IP and OP) in this area. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 years to 17 years), adult (18 years to 64 years and older adults (65 years and older).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In conjunction with senior Cardiology management, develops and implements departmental objectives based on organizational and Heart & Vascular Institute (HVI) goals.
- Develops and implements appropriate staffing and scheduling assignments to maintain clinical services as needed to patients for patients in the Pre/Post area and HVI clinics. In order to drive departmental performance, assignments will reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, competencies, patient needs, and complexity of care.
- Assumes clinical accountability for new and current departmental practices, programs, and systems necessary to support changing patient care needs.
- Assists in the development, implementation and be accountable for the budget for the Pre/Post department and HVI clinic.
- Evaluates job performance personnel by completing staff performance appraisals and competency assessments and by monitoring performance on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates Pre/Post nursing care with other healthcare disciplines to maximize patient care outcomes and resource allocation.
- Evaluates patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction. Implement actions to establish improvements.
- Ensures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for assigned personnel.
- Using input from staff, oversees recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel that are representative of the population diversity. Utilizes various motivational strategies to increase staff morale and also provide counseling for employees as appropriate.
- Monitors the quality of patient care and safety, maintaining designated standards according to organization’s process improvement plan.
- Ensures evidence-based practice by participating in and involving the nursing staff in evaluative research activities.
- Ensures shared accountability for professional practice by fostering and developing a shared governance model in the department.
- Serves as a clinical resource person by providing clinical guidance in assessing patient/family status to the plan of nursing care.
- Accepts responsibility financial performance and resource allocation for the department in a fiscally prudent manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Monitors utilization of supplies and equipment based on established standards.
- Participates and/or lead unit, department, and interdepartmental committees.
- Collaborates with educational personnel to plan and implement orientation and ongoing educational programs.
- Participates in developing departmental and hospital policies and procedures and in the development of patient care standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Participates in and actively supports clinical and nursing research activities within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) years of nursing clinical experience in related field.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- Two (2) years of previous management experience
- Master’s degree
- Five (5) years of previous management experience
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently.
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Radioactive Agents
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 03/16/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.