Manager - Anesthesia Services
Penn Medicine Home Health
The Anesthesia Department of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking a full-time CRNA manager to join our group of over 60 CRNAs and 36 collegial anesthesiologists. The CRNA manager is responsible for working collaboratively to manage the CRNA group and oversee related administrative tasks. The CRNA manager will communicate frequently with the Chair of Anesthesia, the Director of Perioperative Services, and the CRNA leadership team to provide feedback and offer guidance for implementing updated strategies for the CRNAs. Significant aspects of recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and scheduling will fall under the purview of the CRNA manager. This role requires clear and professional communication, significant organization, dynamic leadership skills, and a fundamental understanding of departmental operations.
The CRNA manager will also provide anesthesia for various types of procedures at a Level 1 Trauma Center including, General/Vascular Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urologic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Endoscopy, EP procedures, OB/GYN Surgery, as well as other surgical procedures. CRNAs are responsible for the administration of general anesthetics, spinals, MAC anesthetics, and providing emergency airway services, as well as, respond to Trauma Codes and IVU Code Strokes. CRNA’s have the opportunity to practice at multiple venues, including our Main OR, Orthopedic OR, Women and Babies Hospital OR, Endoscopy Suite, EP LAB, and the Ambulatory Surgery Center Lancaster General.
At LGH, CRNAs also have to opportunity to precept and mentor Student Nurse Anesthetists from four regional Nurse Anesthesia Programs, including the Thomas Jefferson University Doctor of Nursing Practice program, Villanova University School of Anesthesia, Cedar Crest College School of Anesthesia, and Thomas Jefferson University School of Anesthesia.
HOURS: Full-time, varied shifts available (8, 10 & 12 hour shifts), including weekends and holidays.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate of a School of Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), and eligible to sit for initial certification exam.
- Must hold a valid certification or re-certification card from the Council on Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Must have at least five (5) years of CRNA experience, preferably in a leadership role.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits At A Glance:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and on-site Pharmacy plans to meet individual and family needs
- 100% Tuition Assistance at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (role dependent)
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA & HSA) to further reduce taxable income and empower your healthcare choices
- Retirement Plan savings (403b) with employer match and annual employer contribution
- Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other Wellness incentives
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Posted on 09/27/2023
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.