Manager Anesthesia Services
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time- Day Shift- No weekends/holidays/on call
Administers anesthesia to operative patients. Provides oversight to all venues requiring CRNA coverage within LG Health. Performs department administrative tasks as needed to facilitate the daily clinical workload. Acts to assure maximization of Anesthesia Department resources. Manages the activities of Anesthesia Services consistent with the mission and vision of the department and LG Health. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In collaboration with the department Business Manager, Director and Department Chairman, organizes work schedules for the CRNAs to assure daily coverage, and to provide for 24 hour and back-up nurse anesthetist on-call services. Assures relief of personnel to facilitate education, unit maintenance, PI work, and for special meetings. Works with Educational Staff to assure that educational programs are developed and education and testing is facilitated. Directly assigns or assists daily CRNA schedule runner and circulating anesthesiologists in assigning anesthesia coverage for all procedures requiring anesthetic care throughout LG Health. Directs nurse anesthetists as necessary to provide for work breaks, assistance based on need, or case complexity. Makes adjustments in CRNA venue assignment.
- Communicates with O.R./Procedural coordinators and circulating anesthesiologists to assure efficiency in Anesthesia/OR/Procedural area patient flow.
- Works cooperatively with the entire Surgical Services Management Team to assure maximized efficiency in operations, positive patient outcomes, unit cost effectiveness, and a united voice of leadership.
- Responds immediately to employee conflicts and resolves issues including if necessary corrective action. Counsels, mentors, and coaches employees. Demonstrates role model behavior in the area of professionalism, patient advocacy and acting in the best interest of the department and organization. Promotes the practices of personal accountability, self governance and professional practice.
- Assists the Director and Department Chairman in the development, interpretation and application of departmental and hospital policies. Makes recommendations regarding policy/procedure improvements.
- Performs annual CRNA competency and performance reviews.
- Works with the Supervisor of Anesthesia Clinical Support in problem solving and making recommendations which involve anesthesia support personnel.
- Ensures that all contractual obligations related to the student training experience are met.
- Performs essential functions of nurse anesthetist. Administers general anesthesia and accepts case assignment when necessary, adhering to standards of practice guidelines appropriate to staff anesthetist. Responds to trauma codes and cardiac arrest situations or directs the appropriate nurse anesthetist to provide emergency airway management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate of a School of Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), and eligible to sit for initial certification exam.
- Must hold a valid certification or re-certification card from the Council on Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible nurse anesthesia experience is required.
Posted on 01/20/2020
- Previous lead or supervisory/management experience is preferred for the position.