Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa at the Burle Industries Business Park
Hours: Full-Time 1.0 FTE (40hrs/wk) Day Shift- Monday through Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager, Analytics has oversight responsibility for models of data to promote business intelligence in the organization along with statistical analysis of data to help drive improved healthcare models. This individual directs and manages the tasks and projects for assigned Business Intelligence staff. The manager acts to champion BI benefits across the organization and promote BI usage to relevant departments. The manager will align business intelligence projects with overall business strategy. The manager will actively contribute to the Business Intelligence strategic planning, creation of data models, enhancements, data governance, and overall data quality for the organization.
This manager will regularly engage appropriate internal and external customer to ensure analytics and business intelligence in our organization is beneficial and fits both the organization and community priorities while supporting the changing healthcare regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Employee recruitment and retention responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performance management focused on driving high results, constructive counseling and discipline, recruitment, employee satisfaction, talent management/development- including the availability of training and employee developmental opportunities, salary administration, and time and attendance. Encourages self-learning which enhances performance and contributes to a meaningful sense of teamwork by developing and supporting colleagues.
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day performance of staff. Develops and implements tools to monitor employee performance, and develops departmental metrics.
- Provides leadership in evaluating and prioritizing the deployment of business intelligence technology as an enabler in the areas supported by this team. Incorporates of new technologies into operations to enhance reporting (including self-service capabilities), automation of manual processes and improve data integrity. Knowledge of a variety of tools and technologies including relational database structure, SQL, Crystal Reports, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools. Has oversight of the activities of the organization's analytic team to support organizational business intelligence needs which would include but not be limited to, standard metrics reporting, dedicated resource for strategic priorities, data models that support longitudinal plan of care, etc.
- Works closely with partner organizations (ex. LGHCCC) to enable new healthcare model and bend the cost curve.
- Responsible for driving the development of a data-rich environment by playing an active role in the further development of the business and clinical performance tools enabled through the development and implementation of an effective reporting strategy.
- Oversight of the maintenance and distribution of customer engagement data for organization (Press Ganey).
- Monitors major implementation projects, work plan hours, and budget for current and planned upgrades associated with third party applications and integrations, including integrations with other systems, and monitors ROI as necessary.
- Manages the delivery of and/or access to appropriate clinical and administrative data for users, content owners, and technical resources as required. Establishes standards for technology and business processes.
Posted on 12/23/2019
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or a related analytic field
- Three (3) years’ experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Seven (7) or more years of progressive experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be a tactical visionary, strategic thinker, creative problem solver and analytic professional with enterprise perspective and broad business and technology acumen.
- Must possess an understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements.
- Ability to integrate process steps and handoffs across disciplines/departments and drive teams to decisions.
- Solid understanding of current applications and trends in business intelligence, data warehousing, and enterprise reporting technologies.
- Report writing knowledge of EHR data (preferably Epic)
- Understanding of the Clarity data base model. Epic’s Clarity ETL (Extract Transfer & Load) process and Epic’s Reporting Workbench.
- Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Epic certified preferred
- Two (2) years of financial analysis, budget preparation and variance reporting. preferred
- Prior data warehouse experience. preferred