Manager Ambulatory Operations
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
8700 N Cornwall HC - Admin
Regional Operations- North
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time - Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs, and supports Outpatient Ancillary Departments and Physician Services within a facility to ensure the effectiveness of overall site operations. May be responsible for one or more facilities within Lancaster General Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees the operational efficiency, quality, and key performance indicators (KPIs) of assigned physician, ancillary and ambulatory services. Develops plans for departmental orientation, education, and training for new staff. Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training for existing staff as needed. Plays an active role in the growth and development of assigned staff.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director of Operations, participates in and manages various activities relating to the financial management of assigned locations. Assists with budget preparation, manages facility expenses and reviews monthly administrative reports for accuracy. Makes recommendations on expense reduction opportunities and develops action plans to correct variances, as appropriate.
- Oversees Patient Access and Patient Financial Service activities within assigned facility(ies)and ensures patient registration policies and procedures are standardized, interpreted uniformly and consistently, and systemically applied at assigned locations for both hospital and physician services. Distributes reports according to the established frequency of patient accounts that have errors, associated with billing and/or regulatory compliance, as necessary.
- Oversees and/or assists in development, implementation and monitoring of site specific specialty projects, as assigned by the Regional Director of Operations. Provides leadership oversight to all significant projects occurring within assigned facility(ies)
- Coordinates and actively participates in the marketing of ambulatory site services, new program development/expansion, and all other related activities as directed by the Regional Director of Operations.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of customer and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service as top priority. Monitors patient satisfaction and develops action plans as appropriate within assigned facility(ies)
- Serves as the leader of one or more facilities assigned in the absence of the Director. Also serves as the leadership liaison for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Imaging Services, Lab Services, and/or any other Ancillary Service in the absence of the Supervisor/Manager of those respective departments.
- Serves as the leader for all internal facility physician practices/services. Actively maintains a respectful working relationship with office staff, physicians, clinicians, and management of referring facilities. Resolves problems within scope of control and immediately communicates problems requiring administrative attention to the Director.
- Serves as the Process Improvement Coordinator, assisting Ambulatory and Physician Leadership team members and departments in achieving desired key performance indicators. Develops and maintains a tracking tool to measure and monitor performance.
- Independently identify needs for structural and other significant changes within the facility; compile data to support needs and develop recommendations for review with physicians and Director of Operations; upon approval, prepare implementation plans and coordinate/facilitate all implementation activities; monitor changes and make adjustments as necessary; evaluate and report impact of changes.
- Collaborates with Patient Access and Patient Financial Services in establishing target and optimal accuracy and productivity guidelines for the Patient Registration areas, in direct conjunction with Revenue Cycle Management initiatives. Provides support and monitors department and individual accuracy of performance measurements against these guidelines.
- Monitors the entering of orders and posting of charges to patient accounts. Greets visitors and patients entering the facility and responds appropriately to their needs. Assists patients with questions concerning billing statements on Medicare, etc., and takes appropriate action to make any needed corrections. May collect co-payments from patients as defined by Patient Financial Services.
- Ensures compliance with department, hospital and regulatory standards. Enhances knowledge of IT/software systems utilized by Lancaster General and ensures implementation into daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Management or related field or completion of Bachelor's degree within 5 years of assuming the position.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Two (2) years of experience in managing others
- Three (3) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably ambulatory or primary care.
- Prior multi-department management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with peers and leaders at all levels, physicians, and various other stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and financial analysis
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/15/2020